View Poll Results: DJ Armani vs Baller95 vs CountElectrifique - Top 40/House Battle: Who should win?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mix 1

6 46.15%
  • Mix 2

6 46.15%
  • Mix 3

1 7.69%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: DJ Armani vs Baller95 vs CountElectrifique - Top 40/House Battle

First off I listen to psytrance for the most part and this is not my style of music at all so take that into account with my critique. When judging this I tried to picture the "meat market" clubs and bars with djs I've been to and tried to imagine how the floor would react.

mix 1-too many breakdowns in the early part. Mixes sound like they are fighting each other, especially early on, instead of flowing. At least one instance of vocals over vocals. At least one case of painful (at least to my ears) inharmonic mixing. Flow of vibe seemed to be lacking throughout, not really sure how the order of the tracks was chosen. Meat market would start and stop frequently.
    mix 2-At least a couple of transitions are fader swaps during breakdowns, which is technically lazy to me. The music selection would confuse the meat market around here. It wouldn't please house heads and wouldn't please top 40 crowds, just not sure who it's aimed at. Technically inferior to mix 1.
    mix 3-This one musically is less bar, more club. Didn't like the vocal over vocal. I do think this would keep the floor moving. The "firestorm" bit really annoyed me. The track after it plays a bit long for this type of music in my opinion. The meat market would start to think you're getting too underground with the last two tracks. Technically seems to be on par with Mix 1.

This came to mix 1 and mix 3 for me. Mix 1 was "top 40 mega mix" and mix 3 was "here's something you like, now listen to my electro." It was pretty close, but I voted for Mix 1 because the mixing style seemed to fit what I envision with top 40 mixing (I know it says you can play house too, but to me this is a top 40 battle). Good job gentlemen (or ladies, but I presume it's gentlemen).

Mix 1- great energy and clean transitions, commercially popular chosen tracks..very top 40!

Mix 2- didnt enjoy as much..more work needed on the transitions and general flow but good effort

Mix 3- not keen on the intro but improved as the mix progressed..transitions in general were good but could have been a little sharper at times....good energy and 'popular' songs..sia's she wolf is a favourite of mine with a great beat and i felt it was a shame to alter this as much as you did.

so i voted for mix 1...second choice 3 and then 2.....i have to add that im not a dj and not technically aware but this is a basic critique of how it sounds to me!

Well done guys!!

Mix #1: that slow down they put in that first track threw me off. First transition went well. Beats sounded a bit off but that could've been just the shitty laptop speakers. I actually didn't think it clashed much at all. Second transition: vocals work with the synth here, a bit of clashing but nothing awful. Mixing seems to work throughout for what I've heard in the clubs around here.

Mix #2: was not a fan of the transition from don't you worry child into whatever the next track is called. Your second transition flowed MUCH better. Mix from show me love was a bit too fast on pulling the first track out. The next transition, Spectrum should have been brought in a bit louder. (Was that the original mix by Zedd?) Next transition flowed well. I would say that this mix lacked some energy for a club environment though. If that was you scratching in this mix, well done.

Mix #3: some of the transitions could've been tightened up. I wasn't a fan of the clashing vocals. Firestorm lost a lot of energy for me. Transition into the SHM track did not flow well. I like that you aren't doing typical blends though in your transitions.

My vote goes for Mix #3. I chose this one because I felt like it had the most creativity and it wasn't straight Top 40 which I appreciated. Had more creativity throughout the mix via transitions and track selection. The others were more of what I would expect to hear in a mix though.
    Last edited by M!TCH; 04-05-2013 at 01:28 PM.
    The rest of the world is tired of US interventionism and the US taxpayer is tired of footing the bill for US interventionism. #teamidiot is on the prowl

Having a listen just now. Will report back later, think it's going to take a couple of listens from the quick skim through i've had so far!

I cannot download Mix 2 or 3. Says issues connecting. Only site that has an issue is the battle one. Everything else is working fine
    The rest of the world is tired of US interventionism and the US taxpayer is tired of footing the bill for US interventionism. #teamidiot is on the prowl

links fixed, files have been transferred to the temp storage.
    http://www.djforums.com/forums/attac...2&d=1330279224
    Twitter - Soundcloud- Youtube
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonitz
    I love me some MEAT!

Quote Originally Posted by JonAvalon View Post
    links fixed, files have been transferred to the temp storage.
    Still no dice

You might have to clear your cache Mitch!

i voted mix 2 liked the vibe..... liked 1 .....and 2 enjoyed everyones music selection
    Check out baller95 he beat me in a DJF battle, http://www.mixcrate.com/baller95/dj_mixes

Quote Originally Posted by M!TCH View Post
    Still no dice
    try again, i just re-linked mix 2. and clear your cache as well.
    http://www.djforums.com/forums/attac...2&d=1330279224
    Twitter - Soundcloud- Youtube
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonitz
    I love me some MEAT!