Thread: 1200 Tone arm disassembly for painting

1200 Tone arm disassembly for painting

decided to repaint the tone arm base and tone arm swivel parts white, however i have not done this before. I'm pretty concerned with tone arm recalibration of the bearings so if anyone could shed some helpful light to this it would be highly appreciated! Also any good literature/video's out there on the internet for complete disassemble of tone arm and the base piece as well? Or would it be a good time to invest in a manual or is that information too detailed? Thanks for any help you can provide!

Get the service manual.
    Click here for mixes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahatma Coat View Post
    I once DJ'd to a room of 500 Shoreditch hipsters using only my rigid cock and a empty jar of Marmite

Can't go wrong with the service manual, I have been referring to them over the past few days, as I had to do a little tune up as well. You can download the manuals here: http://www.vinylengine.com/library/t.../sl-1200.shtml

You have to be registered/logged in to do so. BTW the tonearm itself (base, riser, anti-skate, etc.) is one complete piece. It's just three screws under the round plate where the RCA and tonearm wires are in.