Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: KRK wall brackets

A friend of mine used to have something like these and they worked pretty well.

I was looking at some like that but wasn't sure if the KRK's would fit. Am quite liking the idea of shelving now as it will look more subtle in my room, just a pain finding the right dimesions and something that will take the weight. Could always go and get some custom shelves cut up for not much though. Just need to have a measure up now.

The KRK's are fairly heavy, but not too bad. Most shelves should take the weight i would have thought
    Please take a look at (and feel free to follow) my soundcloud
    http://soundcloud.com/alexreeduk
    And PLEASE like my facebook page, would mean a lot!

I looked up those Ikea ones and the load they take would not support a KRK. That's the style of shelf I'm liking the look of though. Shouldn't be too hard to get something cut to size though to do the job I wouldn't have thought.

Quote Originally Posted by webba23 View Post
    Thanks for the email. Can't download the pics at the moment but will have a look when I get in from work.
    No worries, dude!
    " I remember house, when you didn't have to be a DJ just to be into house "
    facebook.com/djthinair|twitter @thinairdj|soundcloud.com/thinair84

Quote Originally Posted by alexreedDJ View Post
    Yeah, put them on something like this pretty much above the CDJ's facing towards you
    Hey, did you get those 'LACK' Ikea shelves? I have R5s and the dimensions are just big enough, but that's not including the cable stuck at the back. Don't wanna buy them if they don't fit.

What did you go for in the end?

Still didn't get round to buying speakers until today so am still on the look out for a way of mounting them when I move. I went for Rokit 8's in the end and have been trying to find stands for them but am having problems as can't get anything that will get the speakers to my ear level as I'm six foot four. Anyone got any links to stands that will extend enough for me?

Quote Originally Posted by webba23 View Post
    Still didn't get round to buying speakers until today so am still on the look out for a way of mounting them when I move. I went for Rokit 8's in the end and have been trying to find stands for them but am having problems as can't get anything that will get the speakers to my ear level as I'm six foot four. Anyone got any links to stands that will extend enough for me?
    Nice. The 8s are heavy. What I suggest is getting some auralex pads and you can angle them so they face slightly upward towards you and it'll improve the bass response. There are a bunch of stands on the market, I personally keep my krk8s on an extended shelf I added to my dj desk. But I'm not 6'4", I'm 5'8" and the top of the speaker is just under my eye. Check ebay for KRKs, some of the sellers have stands that come with buyin a pair. I forgot the brands but they seem perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by akswun View Post
    Nice. The 8s are heavy. What I suggest is getting some auralex pads and you can angle them so they face slightly upward towards you and it'll improve the bass response. There are a bunch of stands on the market, I personally keep my krk8s on an extended shelf I added to my dj desk. But I'm not 6'4", I'm 5'8" and the top of the speaker is just under my eye. Check ebay for KRKs, some of the sellers have stands that come with buyin a pair. I forgot the brands but they seem perfect.
    Are they that heavy as if they are it puts me off mounting them on the wall just incase they come loose and fall.

I would like to add poles to my deckstand but as you can see its a bit tight for space on there with the Spacetek CDJ stands.

If I was to use monitor stands then where do I need the speakers level with for the best sound? Should they be dead level with my ears?

The highest one I can find do far extends to 150cm and I'm around 193cm tall.

I use these
    They're OK.
    Last edited by karcevgo; 11-16-2013 at 12:31 PM.