Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need USB hub replacement for my CDJ 900!

Need USB hub replacement for my CDJ 900!

Hey all,
    A few days ago posting a thread about needing help with my CDJ 900s and Adv. HID mode.
    Since I wasn't able to get any responses, I thought that my cables might have been the issue. So, I went out and bought new cables.
    When I when to plug in one of the cables in the back of the CDJ, i noticed that it fit a lot looser. I peeked in the back and noticed that the USB hub is missing a piece!
    I included pics for reference. Notice how one CDJ has a little black piece in the middle of the USB slot and the other picture, it does not....
    I think this is the issue to my problem.
    photo (5).jpg
    photo (6).jpg

Since I bought these CDJs separately off eBay, I am not covered by any kind of warranty...
    what I want to know is how much would this cost to fix and where I could get this fixed?

Thanks!

you are covered under ebays buyer protection if the seller did not disclose the damage on the item.
    -->(2) Numark TT-200 Ttables, SL1, DDJ-SX2, Rokit 5 Monitors, BX8 Monitors, Reloop IQ2 Midi, TSP2, SDJ, DJP4M (DjProForMac), 2015 Macbook Pro (Quad Core i7 2.5ghz, 16GB RAM, 2GB AMD-R9, 1GB SSD) <--

here's the part info...I would ask seller to refund the cost of part + shipping & labor

-->(2) Numark TT-200 Ttables, SL1, DDJ-SX2, Rokit 5 Monitors, BX8 Monitors, Reloop IQ2 Midi, TSP2, SDJ, DJP4M (DjProForMac), 2015 Macbook Pro (Quad Core i7 2.5ghz, 16GB RAM, 2GB AMD-R9, 1GB SSD) <--

USBA ASSY is not the part, the part usba assy is the top usb port, not the back, the back usb port is on the main board unfortunately and it's $260 (dwx3019)

I had the same issue with a 2000 a while back. It is a spendy little board that needs to be replaced. The 900 may be different, but here is a 2000

Circled in RED is the board that needed replacement, although I just replaced the whole bottom of the CDJ with a new one.

and here is the problem

The Thread Killer... I seem to kill every thread

If returning the CDJ doesn't work, is there any possibility you can buy a similar USB connector and solder it on?

FUCK! this shit just happened again with my other CDJ!!! Someone ripped the cord from the back of my USB and it took the little piece out!!! im about to go ape shit..
    i posted another thread in regards to repairing it or selling it for a discounted price and buying a new CDJ:

http://www.djforums.com/forums/showt...ot-CDJ-900-for

eBay sells replacement USB ports for Traktor S4s for like 15 bucks. If the port is all that's broken, it's a simple solder replacement...

Quote Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50 View Post
    eBay sells replacement USB ports for Traktor S4s for like 15 bucks. If the port is all that's broken, it's a simple solder replacement...
    just make sure the 4 solder points are on line out the back, not underneath, There are a couple of kinds. From the look of the board above you want this:

NOT this:

Didn't I hear $300 to $500 to fix on that other thread? That sure sounds like a dishonest price.