Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: (2) Yorkville LS720P's

FS: (2) Yorkville LS720P's

Hello everybody. This is my first classifieds post, so bear with me.

I started my business almost exactly 1 year ago. I thought it out, asked questions, and decided to go for it. I purchased 4 Yorkville LS720P's (2 Initially, 2 later), and two RCF Art 312A's. Sounds phenomenal in person. But, times get hard, and I think it's time I let two of these things go.

Now that i'm through with the history, here's some specs on them.

They preform just as intended, and look amazing. They've only seen their limiter a few times, I never really have to push them as the quad couple gives a lot of breathing room when I Dj.

Mechanical 10/10

Cosmetics 9.5/10

PRICE SHIPPED(PAIR): *See below*

PRICE LOCAL(PAIR): *See below*
    (PM me if you want to work out a local pick up, I am located in Morgan Hill, California)

Here's some pictures of them actually in use:

Here's them in person:

The reason I took .5 off of cosmetics, is because of this:

There's a few more of the corners that have these minor scratches on them, but the above one is the worst I could find.
    Last edited by akillj; 03-06-2013 at 06:40 PM.

Price drop:

Shipped: $1300

Local: $1200

Do they pair well with the RCFs?
    DJM-850 | Technics 1210 M5G x 2 | CDJ-900 x 2 | RCF 312A MKIII x 2 - Soundcloud
    1-v-1 Battle Record: 1-0 / 1-v-1-v-1 Battle Record: 0-1

Oh my, yes they do. They're a near 1:1 match (Without crossover). When I use all 4 subs with my crossover, its again a 1:1.

Keep in mind this is my opinion, but I stand by it.

Pretty new to buying and owning my own PA system. Currently have RCF 312A MKIII tops and (eventually) was going to add some subs. What exactly is "crossover"? (Sorry for the noob question.)

A crossover splits frequency's between two (or more) drivers. I use mine to split the bass between my RCF's and my Subs. (which in this case is 2-way, since i'm splitting the signal two ways) It sends everything below 150hz (Which I can change to my liking) to my subs, and everything above, to my RCF's.

This benefits me as I can play my RCF's louder. Why? Because when they're not stressing themselves trying to play low frequency's, they have greater output capabilities. It also helps get rid of phase/cancellation issues, when my tops would be playing the same frequency my subs are it could end up cancelling each others frequency out.

Ah, so even without crossover, the RCFs and Yorkville's work together nicely? (Without knowing much, sounds like I would want to crossover as well)

Headed to WMC/Miami later this month so I will be low on discretionary cash for a bit but if they're still around when I have some cash on hand, I may very well be interested at that point.

Yes they still sound fine without a crossover. I purchased it because my gigs started to get bigger and bigger and I started to see the limiter light every time the bass hit. (Not that this is an issue, I just happened to be needing more sound than they could produce for me).

So when I got the crossover it was just enough headroom to get me through my largest gigs.

EDIT: And sounds good. Just hit me up if this thread is still up when you start looking.

where exactly is morgan hill in cA?
    Technics 1200 MK2 - Rane TTM57SL - MBP 15.4"
    http://www.twitter.com/djkvg http://www.soundcloud.com/kvg-1

also how did you mount your speakers to tthe top of your subs?
    Technics 1200 MK2 - Rane TTM57SL - MBP 15.4"
    http://www.twitter.com/djkvg http://www.soundcloud.com/kvg-1