Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Pioneer Traktor Certified Mixer: DJM-850

Exclamation New Pioneer Traktor Certified Mixer: DJM-850

Apparently Pioneer has released a NEW MIXER: The DJM-850. It's Traktor Scratch Certified.

http://pioneerdj.com/index_f.html#/e...ts/djm850/more

Discuss.
    www.djtruewind.com / facebook.com/djtruewind / souncloud.com/dj-truewind.
    Follow me or like me, and I will return the favour! (Just send me a message) hehehe!

Yeah just saw that on their facebook feed.

Curious as to the price...1500?

Is this the reason for the price drop on the DJM-T1?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Music not only changes our mood, but it also changes the way we think and our perception of the world.

this kinda adresses my feeling about pioneer mixers. on the one hand there is the DJM-700 which is somewhat afforable but also kinda meh for its price and then there is the DJM-900 which i really like but is just out of my price range. now lets see where they put the pricetag
    Quote Originally Posted by EarnYourKeep
    name one dj that can replicate richie's drums in a minimal techno way, this coming from a plastikman background...then again i figure trance heads would respond this way they always seek the BUILD UP AND DROP THE BASS BRO

I was pretty much looking forward to what this was going to be over the 700/800 but to be honest this has dissapointed me and i am a big Pio fanboy.

It's basically just a revised version of the 800. As said before why is it in this price range? There is now a massive gap laying where people would have bought the 700.

I can't help but think they are just using the 800's popularity against the price.

Meh. Still want the DJM900.

I'll just repeat what I said on DJTT.

What exactly does this offer that's better than buying a second hand 800 for half the price and a TSP bundle? Especially since most people who want to use Traktor Scratch functionality will more than likely already have an audio interface.

Also, I can see why they put the USB port on the faceplate but it makes it very untidy if you're keeping the USB plugged in all the time. No ProDJ link either, nor digital inputs.

I really don't get who this is aimed at, if it's for straight CDJ use with 850s then there's no need for the sound card so it's just the slightly improved FX that raise it above the 800. If it's for Traktor use with CDJ timecode then working with NI to implement advanced HID would have made a lot of sense. After all, using CDJs for timecode renders all looping (and, to some extent, cueing) functions useless.

And also what I said on the DDJT article

Pioneer dev team conversation:

“Guys, I’ve just found a box of 3 million DJM-800 faceplates out the back, what the hell are we going to do with them?”

“Uh… I’ve got it! we’ll paint them white, stick an Audio 8 interface in there and call it a whole new product!”

“You, sir, are a genius. Pub?”
    TSP 2 | SSL | ITCH | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | Twitch | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus

hahahaha, funny but if you look, the faceplate is different

Quote Originally Posted by brichi View Post
    hahahaha, funny but if you look, the faceplate is different
    Only barely. Probably done in 5 minutes with a drill/router
    TSP 2 | SSL | ITCH | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | Twitch | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    Only barely. Probably done in 5 minutes with a drill/router
    That's what i was thinking. I think i have finally lost interest in Pioneer mixers and i am a big Pioneer fanboy!