Thread: Setting up Trakor Pro 2 for S2

Setting up Trakor Pro 2 for S2

Hello,
    my friend recently bought an Traktor S2, and hes been having trouble setting it up. I went over to help him but I use serato and only used traktor le like 2 years ago so i could barely remember anything. Heres what happens:

He installs the cd that comes with the controller (it is unplugged during install)
    After install, goes to service center and downloads updated driver for windows
    Then plugs in the controller and starts Traktor Pro 2

First the controller was on, but when we played a track it would sound distorted even though we installed every driver (audio 8, audio4, and the other options it gave us)

So we reinstalled it, then the controller wouldnt even turn on... everything worked on the laptop but it wasnt picking up that the controller was even plugged in...

I really have no clue what to do, any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks

Bad sound quality: Open up the settings, and on the top left you will see Audio Setup tab. Click that, make sure that the Audio device selected is the Kontrol S2, and increase the latency. See if that helps.

The controller should turn on. Unplug it, replug it into a different usb port, and re-install drivers.
    Equipment: CDJ 2000 Nexus, DJM 900 Nexus, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro, AiAiAi TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition.

Quote Originally Posted by DJNR View Post
    Bad sound quality: Open up the settings, and on the top left you will see Audio Setup tab. Click that, make sure that the Audio device selected is the Kontrol S2, and increase the latency. See if that helps.

The controller should turn on. Unplug it, replug it into a different usb port, and re-install drivers.
    I tried all the things, but the controller still doesnt turn on. its like it doesnt pick up that its plugged in but it is (the usb light on the controller is on). i figure its a driver issue ? even though we downloaded and installed the proper drivers...

It's gotta be the drivers. I would find the controller in the "device manager" section of windows, uninstall any drivers, and reinstall.
    Also, you can just try reinstalling the software which has the drivers within it, that may fix the issue.
    Equipment: CDJ 2000 Nexus, DJM 900 Nexus, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro, AiAiAi TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition.

My friend also picked up the S2 lately. It's installed to his windows laptop. Sound was distorted and tracks were not played right the first time after installation. So, We unplugged it and restarted the laptop. And it had no problem after the reboot.

My S4 also experienced some occasional connection/recognition problem as well as sound quality issues, deck function problem with my window laptops even after system was reconfigured for sound performance. After I switched to Apple MBP, all problems solved (because there is no issue at all) and life is much better.

I would ask your friend to consider to switch to Macbook Pro if he decides to stick with Traktor.
    Last edited by NuDJ; 02-26-2012 at 12:57 AM.

yeah hes going to buy a MBP soon, turns out its his old laptop. The processor was just straight up not good enough. We tried it on my laptop it worked fine, we ended all processes on his laptop except for traktor and it started working but it would lag everytime he went to select a new track. thanks a lot guys, appreciate the help