Thread: Native Instruments X1

Native Instruments X1

Is it worth it? Wanting to get it in addition to my Denon DN-X1600, Techncis Sl-1200Mk2's and Traktor Scratch Pro 2.

In need of opinions here, cheers

-Lost

If you want to be less hands on the laptop then definitely worth the cash mate!

I bought one so i didn't have to touch my laptop which i hate doing and i haven't been happier! Also the effects are at your finger tips if it is right beside your mixer. Also the standard X1 mapping is fantastic for doing all the basic things you need, but you can always custom map also.

Quote Originally Posted by Liam View Post
    If you want to be less hands on the laptop then definitely worth the cash mate!

I bought one so i didn't have to touch my laptop which i hate doing and i haven't been happier! Also the effects are at your finger tips if it is right beside your mixer. Also the standard X1 mapping is fantastic for doing all the basic things you need, but you can always custom map also.
    This!
    I have mine with my own custom mapping so I don't have to touch my laptop as much. The travel case for it brings it up so it sits flush with the mixer which is also nice.
    Music not only changes our mood, but it also changes the way we think and our perception of the world.

Agreed. I use 2 in my set up...one to controller efx and looping etc. Second to control loops and filters. Really great controllers.

Yeah…they're awesome. I used just a pair of them until I got sick of not having pitch faders and sold them to help pay for Technics again.

If you're using them in addition to turntables or with sync, they're awesome.

Allright, thanks for the answers. Seems like I'm getting one then Cheers!

DN-X1600 plus techs and an X-1 is my exact setup. I think you'll be VERY happy with it!