Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Traktor Pro 2.6.1 Update

Traktor Pro 2.6.1 Update

After a Richie Hawtin-filled teaser at an iOS Traktor DJing app the week prior to NAMM, the Traktor team has been relatively quiet – but today with a new update to Traktor Pro and some new features, we’re excited to see that things are progressing forward over at Native Instruments.

Traktor Pro 2.6.1 is available for download now in the Service Center – or if it’s not showing up yet, you can grab it in the Downloads section on their new HTML5 site (no more Flash!).

Here’s the critical features in the update – pretty major for such a minor change in version number!

What’s new in TRAKTOR 2.6.1?

Key detection
    Downbeat detection
    Collection metadata synchronization with TRAKTOR DJ
    Various fixes and improvements

http://www.djtechtools.com/2013/02/2...ktor-dj-hints/
    Last edited by Era 7; 02-20-2013 at 01:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by EarnYourKeep
    name one dj that can replicate richie's drums in a minimal techno way, this coming from a plastikman background...then again i figure trance heads would respond this way they always seek the BUILD UP AND DROP THE BASS BRO

Quote Originally Posted by Era 7 View Post
    http://www.djtechtools.com/2013/02/2...ktor-dj-hints/

What’s new in TRAKTOR 2.6.1?

Key detection

I was literally just tagging some tunes with key (and other) info.

i kinda figured that part would get people excited
    name one dj that can replicate richie's drums in a minimal techno way, this coming from a plastikman background...then again i figure trance heads would respond this way they always seek the BUILD UP AND DROP THE BASS BRO

2.6.1? Wow, I am still on 2.5.1. Thanks for the heads up.

I might update later on. Right now, the TSP is running smoothly, and I am a little reluctant to make any changes.

Key detection is nice and all, but when are the flexible beatgrids coming???

I will finally believe that TP will finally be superior to ITCH and Torq when that happens.

-KLH
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

Quote Originally Posted by KLH View Post
    Key detection is nice and all, but when are the flexible beatgrids coming???

I will finally believe that TP will finally be superior to ITCH and Torq when that happens.

-KLH
    Da Nile isn't just a river in Egypt...
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell | "Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

I wonder how accurate the key detection would be.

Quote Originally Posted by baller95 View Post

Some are different to what Beatport tagged.

I don't have MixedInKey, but I should download some key detection program to compare.

Quote Originally Posted by baller95 View Post
    “Now Traktor has a key detection feature, it seems; sneaked it into the latest point release. Based on some very basic research, it’s a good algorithm, too. Higher number of exact matches than MIK and solid overall accuracy (…) Slightly fewer [compatible matches] than MIK.” - ibsh

Full disclosure: Ibrahim (forum username ibsh) actually is the developer behind Key Finder, the free open source app that’s the winner in the chart above. Additionally, the comparison is just results out of 100 songs, which doesn’t make it the ultimate answer to which is best.

That being said, Traktor’s key detection does seem hold up pretty well against the competition in this initial results!
    http://www.djtechtools.com/2013/02/2...ow-good-is-it/

Just to update the key detection comparison, I just loaded up a folder in 2.61 and I have been using MiK so all of my files are labelled in the 'comments' section of Traktor's browser.....

The key detection matches up PERFECTLY with MiK. The bad part is for some reason there's about six files that Traktor couldn't analyze. MiK had no problem with any of the files.

The cool thing about Traktor's key detection is that in the browser they actually come up colored as the compatible tracks are the same color and it varies in a rainbow spectrum. Very idiot proof.
    rape stork