Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best mobile DJ speaker choice?

NLFX sells the ELX for 699?... Are we talking bout the 12 or 15"?
    *Your Event Matters FaceBook * Your Event Matters Website * MixCloud Account*
    DJs Photography Photo Booth Rentals and Beauty services

I was talking about AGI reviews

I have QSC K10's and JBL PRX 612's both are great speakers and have served me well. I have used JBL for quite awhile but have been leaning more to QSC as a primary setup. I have sold over the past couple of years JBL EONS 515, 518s, and PRX 718s.
    " Mr. Nichols Just A Guy Who Plays Music"

Listen To Good Tunes..Play Good Tunes..Spin The Tunes They Wanna Hear

Btw I apologize for leaving those details out. The ELX115s.

Bought the EVs. Thanks guys

I love my EV ELX112P's. Very loud, very clear, and reliable. Also the mixer on the back is a godsend for quick PA setups for small PA jobs that I do for charity events, rather than carrying either my larger or smaller mackie mixers on me.

I love my RCF's but I can say it came down between them and the QSC K12's before my purchase. I just happened on a good deal at the time for the RCF's so purchased them. Can't go wrong with either!

Love my K12's and I was a 20 year EV user.

I see you already bought, but here's my quick take for others who might view the thread...
    Sound quality probably goes to RCF. I haven't heard myself, but have read enough other reviews to say they probably edge out the K series. The ELX are fairly average sounding from what I've heard.. Not bad, not great.
    Loudness goes to one not listed... Yamaha DSR but apparently the DXR is almost as loud and sounds a bit better doing it even though it is the less expensive of the two.
    The QSC kind of hits the middle ground here but the KW122 sounds really nice.
    If buying today, I wouldn't hesitate to get a pair of DXR, probably the 12 inch.
    However, if buying today, I would probably want to buy a sub from the same manufacturer which complicates things. I haven't heard enough good about the Yamaha DXS or DSR subs to recommend them so I would probably to with the QSC KW122 and KW181 as a matched set, or for less money, the K10 or K12 with the KW181.
    Since I have the K10's already, my next speaker purchase is likely to be a KW181 or two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elon_Musk
    Failure is an option here. If things are not failing, you are not innovating enough.

I like the K12 a lot. I've used them on several occasions - once for musical theater for a 200 seat auditorium. They worked great and fit the budget. I bet they sound better than the ELX112P and the RCF ART312A - but the question is, do they sound $300 better? From an economic standpoint, you will probably make as much money with the ELX as you will with the K12 and you'll have $600 more in your pocket. They are both solid products from reputable manufacturers, so they're both likely to function well for a long time.

When I buy speakers for myself (i.e, my hobby) I buy what sounds best and don't compromise. I also haven't broken even on my last speaker purchase. When I design systems for clients or run my rental business, I'm thinking about a positive cash flow just about as much as I am thinking about the sound quality. That's not to say I don't care about it - I think that all clients deserve excellent service, but at some point economy has to be taken into account.