Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best mobile DJ speaker choice?

Best mobile DJ speaker choice?

RCF 412 or QSC K12 or EV ELX?
    *Your Event Matters FaceBook * Your Event Matters Website * MixCloud Account*
    DJs Photography Photo Booth Rentals and Beauty services

None of the above? My choice is JBL....
    DJMC is a Northern CA DJ who provides non-cheesy emcees/DJs for Sacramento weddings

I've had the eons. After using them swore off jbl but the prx615s are ones I've been looking at

I use the prx612 tops with 718s 18" subs....I'm happy with them.

The eons are 1 step lower in quality than the prx. I had eon 15's before with the eon sub....you couldn't even tell the subs were on
    http://soundcloud.com/xtremesound/old-school-1
    In a mood for the 80's Lately!

QSC K12 all the way ! but the other choices are awesome also , Great reviews on all the speakers , I would go to the store and hear them all before buying . Comes down to personal preferance

I've been running PRX 512m (pair) with PRX 718s subwoofer (just one is needed).

Most of my weddings stay under 300 persons.... I've got a B-52 in the basement for those situations where more "woof" needed. (HS?)
    DJMC is a Northern CA DJ who provides non-cheesy emcees/DJs for Sacramento weddings

Ive read good things about the Yamaha DXR12 as well. I would look towards those as opposed to the EV's.

The EV ELX is a budget choice that is targeted at a different market segment than the K12 and RCF ART412. It's more of a competitor with the RCF 312 and JBL's JRX (which it blows out of the water). If you're looking at the K12, the EV speaker that is at the same price point is the SxA360. EV's TourX line also competes with JBL MRX/PRX, but it's passive only.

Jay, I think you might be mistaken. The ELX is 699. K12 799. And every store review groups the ELX. K12. And PRX

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Donnie Lewis View Post
    The ELX is 699
    The MAP is actually $599 which means I'd expect to pay around $550 if you have a good dealer. MAP on the K12 is $849 which means you'd pay around $800. In the new fiercely competitive powered speaker market that $300 price difference makes a huge difference.

Store reviews are often written by professional "social media consultants" who know a lot about marketing and nothing around sound. I wouldn't trust them. Ever notice how many 5 star reviews of junk products there are on musiciansfriend.com?