Thread: Denon DNX-1600 Mixer Serato Box Mod (NEED HELP!)

Denon DNX-1600 Mixer Serato Box Mod (NEED HELP!)

Alright im Modding My Serato box just like Scottie the Goonie . This is my spare mixer that was damaged thanks to UPS . Well I got the box solders on and everything but the problem im having is getting my usb wired up to the Usb B Mount pannel one already wired up to the mixer. what i did is i used this chart to help me out on the pinouts . I solderd a usb cable i cut in half to the USB B pin mount on the mixer and pluged the B End to the Serato Box. I Am getting power but no USB signal My serato box wont get detected by my mac. I dose come up when i plug a USB directly from the Mac to The Serato Box. My drivers or MIDI comands dont even work for the mixer. ( This has the audio 8 built in the mixer and midi function). I Did Unsolder the cable that goes to the USB Pannel mount on the mixer and right away my Drivers and midi function work on traktor and serato. So I duno am i having a signal problem or something with this. more info to come soon and pics.The reason why im trying to solder these two together is i want to use only one usb when using serato for midi and serato box. also i dont want to drill another hole into the mixer since this has a mounded usb also.

I'm not sure I fully understand you, but it sounds like you're trying to piggyback the USB signal for both the DN-X1600 and the SL-1 onto the existing USB jack for the DN-X1600. If this is what you're trying to do, it won't work. USB is a point-to-point protocol, so every device must be individually connected.

Just install another USB jack on the mixer for the SL-1.

Quote Originally Posted by djpenguin View Post
    I'm not sure I fully understand you, but it sounds like you're trying to piggyback the USB signal for both the DN-X1600 and the SL-1 onto the existing USB jack for the DN-X1600. If this is what you're trying to do, it won't work. USB is a point-to-point protocol, so every device must be individually connected.

Just install another USB jack on the mixer for the SL-1.
    Alright thanks man