Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mixtrack Pro II vs. CMD Studio 4a

After looking at the Studio4 I think I might get one instead of a Mixtrack Pro 2. My concern is the software, I hate traktor, never tried Deckadance. Is deckadance more like VDJ/Serato in how it plays?

WTF are these things for sale? I finally want to pick one up and no one has any in stock. Weren't these things available last year?

Okay thanks! I'll go for the S4a

If I want to add pads, can I for example buy a MIDI Fighter or a CMD LC-1?
    And what does the mic input do? (im beginner)
    Last edited by Chrizy; 06-10-2013 at 11:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrizy View Post
    Okay thanks! I'll go for the S4a

If I want to add pads, can I for example buy a MIDI Fighter or a CMD LC-1?
    And what does the mic input do? (im beginner)
    Its for a microphone. I have a midifighter and an LDP8 for the pads. Are these for sale in your area yet? American Musical is saying mid July.

Okay, yes. I will first buy the 4a, and if I feel that I want pads i'll buy the LDP8. Thanks!

The Studio 4a looks great! Let us know how you like it once you get it! Behringer's been stepping their game up and I think they're newer products are quite good and at their costs it's a no brainer!

I will Seems like I am one of the first people to get this, because if you search on youtube you dont get up any mixes or anything But i'll keep in touch

Quote Originally Posted by Chrizy
    Do I need a mixer to the midi fighter though?
    Chrizy. You need to learn about these things before just asking about them.

A controller is essentially just knobs and buttons that substitute for using a mouse on a DJ app (that runs on a computer). You do NOT have to use a controller; you can just use a mouse... but using a controller "feels" like using a hardware-based setup.

MIDI is the key enabling technology for most controllers to tell the computer which knob or button is being used. The great thing is that you can add as many controllers as you like as long as they use MIDI (especially if they don't have an audio interface). The MIDI-Fighter, LC-1, and LDP8 are all strictly MIDI controllers... so you can use all of them if you want to.

The beauty of MIDI is that it allows people to customize controllers to computer applications... so the controller can do what you want instead of being locked into just one way of doing things. It's a beautiful thing.

-KLH
    Last edited by KLH; 06-10-2013 at 03:46 PM.
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.

Good ole Phil did a review on the CMD Studio 4a

After seeing this video I am not impressed and a bit upset I even waited. If the MTP2 had long pitch faders I wouldn't be hesitant to get it now. I need a small controller for my residency.

Here is a thought, why don't you just wait until later this month when the Numark Mixtrack Quad comes out? Then you get the best of both worlds, it's the pimped up version of the mixtrack pro 2 with 4 channels