Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: So who's going to get one of those Behringer modular controllers?

I don't know what people are complaining about... I'm very excited to see these hit market. I don't foresee myself having a use for them right now, but at 150 a pop they are at a good price point and allow for a LOT of flexibility.
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell | "Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

I would really love to try out the CMD DC-1. It seems perfect for what I want to do. Drum pad buttons for cues, knobs for effects, and more buttons for more control within Serato. What's also super great is the price point. This is supposed to be what, $100? That's fucking awesome for a controller. The only thing that bugs me is the name. For whatever reason, I just can't remember Behringer CMD DC-1.

LET ME REVIEW ONE FOR DJF!!!!!!!!!111

Quote Originally Posted by Interracial Tea View Post
    I would really love to try out the CMD DC-1. It seems perfect for what I want to do. Drum pad buttons for cues, knobs for effects, and more buttons for more control within Serato. What's also super great is the price point. This is supposed to be what, $100? That's fucking awesome for a controller. The only thing that bugs me is the name. For whatever reason, I just can't remember Behringer CMD DC-1.

LET ME REVIEW ONE FOR DJF!!!!!!!!!111
    !!!!!!!!!11111oneoneoneone.
    Equipment: CDJ 2000 Nexus, DJM 900 Nexus, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro, AiAiAi TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition.

On the DC-1, the top navigation section is money as well. Now that I've started using it, I hate when I don't have it around.

pretty neat addition to a S4 setup

Quote Originally Posted by l0ckd0wn View Post
    I don't know what people are complaining about... I'm very excited to see these hit market. I don't foresee myself having a use for them right now, but at 150 a pop they are at a good price point and allow for a LOT of flexibility.
    +1 I agree!
    "Even self-perception and the sense of time were changed. When the eyes were closed, colored pictures flashed past in a quickly changing kaleidoscope. What had caused this condition?" -- Albert Hofmann -- Laboratory Notes (1943)

Quote Originally Posted by nem0nic View Post
    On the DC-1, the top navigation section is money as well. Now that I've started using it, I hate when I don't have it around.
    I've never had it, and I am completely fucking champing at the bit for it. I'm so sick of my mouse and keyboard for that.

These things actually look cool for their cost, and seam to be a step up from some of the previous Behringer items. I really like the look of the DC-1 and LC-1 for sample triggers.

I don't get whats up with all the Behringer hate, yes they make lower quality products when compared to say native instruments, but for people who are just starting out and don't have 800 bucks to drop on an S4 they offer a decent solution IMO.

I looked at them to an addition to my 'four deck' controller so but now with the NS6 its unnecessary . I certainly wished the decks had something larger than a quarter for a job wheel though...

Quote Originally Posted by nem0nic View Post
    All we're "shooting for" is making good gear. This year's releases are the start of that.

That said, your statement is kind of stupid. Whether you like them or not, Numark has been a highly successful company in DJ MI. Their products represent almost 40% of dollar sales and 50% of unit sales in the US. Numark's sales are stronger than any 3 other company's US sales COMBINED. I think that as a business, that's a pretty decent target to have. I would LOVE to have close to half the market.
    Numark might ship more units - and at their price point, they would have to. But are you telling us that Numark does more in revenue than Pioneer? I highly doubt that.

Numark is a mobile DJ - bottom of the barrel, entry level DJ company and has been for 20 years. You will not find them in any clubs, and very few DJs beyond frat party DJs and Joe Blow at your local VFW hall is using their gear.

Do they make money...sure. And if that is what you guys are shooting for, making passable gear that sells for a few months - good for you. Just when I hear someone say they are "reinventing" their image - I think of shooting higher than waist high...thats all.
    Last edited by mrkleen; 02-22-2012 at 02:28 PM.