Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast

Thread: The Return of the BFM Thread

Bill should start selling flat packs.
    Hewlett Packard the backbone of Apple data centers.
    I will not read anything in Comic sans

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Fitzmaurice View Post
    'Familiar' isn't exactly the right term:
    http://billfitzmaurice.info/forum/vi...hp?f=1&t=23836
    As to BFM being 'Uber Class', DR280s and T60s:

im not trying to be a ass to bill, cause I love his stuff. but give the Sean guy a break. its not like bill was the first to design folded horn subs either. any good folded horn sub design is gonna have similarities to BFM folded horn subs. after all how many different ways can a folded horn look? his are bigger and from what ive heard people say louder. bill made a thread about how he couldn't use 18s and I think most of sean's are 18s
    Last edited by truitt; 07-25-2016 at 02:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown DJ View Post
    Bill should start selling flat packs.
    You can already get BFM flatpacks https://www.speakerhardware.com/cate...hp?cat=21&pg=3
    If I had to play only for people who liked the music because they heard it on the radio, it wouldn't make me happy. -- David Guetta

Quote Originally Posted by truitt View Post
    im not trying to be a ass to bill, cause I love his stuff. but give the Sean guy a break. its not like bill was the first to design folded horn subs either. any good folded horn sub design is gonna have similarities to BFM folded horn subs. after all how many different ways can a folded horn look?
    That's simply not true. My horns bear some similarities to previous designs, but that's it, similarities. In many ways they're unique, unlike anything that came before them. Some of his cabs are virtual copies of mine. Making them larger to fit in bigger drivers doesn't equal originality. It's called theft of intellectual property.
    I also did not say that I couldn't use eighteens. I said that I won't, because in a horn anything larger than a fifteen is unnecessary, if not counter-productive.
    He claimed that while they have built BFM designs in the past but all of their designs where that of their own & any similarities where just by chance since all horn designs are based off of the same fundamental design.
    Hogwash. There was no more chance involved in their resemblance to my T30 and THTLP than there is a game of three card monty. All horns are based off the same fundamental design only in that one end is larger than the other. Both the T30 and THTLP have a number of features that are without precedent. Those features were copied by Hennessey. At any rate, it's in the hands of my lawyers now.
    Last edited by Bill Fitzmaurice; 07-26-2016 at 01:04 PM.
    Bill Fitzmaurice
    Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    www.billfitzmaurice.info/forum

gotta say my DR250s I bought are very impressive. one easily out does my old prx715 speakers
    Last edited by truitt; 01-10-2018 at 08:35 AM.

Built these four T24s and two DR200s for a buddy.
    I need to hurry and finish my six T45s..

^Nice!

I just bought a used pair of 250's. I've yet to even test yet.

post some pictures man, get those DR250s rockin'!

almost done with my six T45s and six DR200s
    I'll post some pictures and a review after my gig on Saturday.

Gig went amazing! The six T45s absolutely rocked! You could even hear the metal ceiling tiles and rafters buzzing during set up
    https://billfitzmaurice.info/forum/v...24926&start=45

Last fall I built some Omnitop12s. I like the Otop12 design, love the mid range frequencies, they're easily built, but you can hear comb filtering just bobbing your head, uneven high frequency volume throughout the room and it's just too bright in the highs even with EQ. {Yes they were all in phase and wired correctly per the plans}

So I fixed it...

I used a B&C DE250 1" compression driver with B&C ME15 horn. Sounds leagues better, no more comb filtering, constant volume everywhere. Was able to use the same structure. It still x/over at 2k hz but I would recommend lower if you go this route. You lose the "line-array" "capability" with this and I don't know how it compares to the BFM compression driver option, but that looks like a very hard build.