Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: What Do You Think Of The Sync Button

What Do You Think Of The Sync Button

OK..

THis has always been an issue with djs. If the sync button was avaliable when the old skool djs where around do you think that djs would have an issue with it?.
    Does using the sync button class you as a cheat?
    If you use sync button you're not a propper dj?
    What is the tru meaning of a DJ and with modern tech this should'nt make any less of a dj

Just some questions for you guys to answer. Love to heard your comments on this
    Looking For DJs @ www.nwcradio.co.uk The peoples EDM DJ Site

Banned
    A good DJ really will use it (combined with other things) in creative ways.

A lazy DJ will use it as a replacement for learning a skill so that they can knock out bland mixes after only owning gear for a couple of weeks, yet if you listen to their mixes 6 months later you hear no real progression.

Sadly there's a lot more of the latter than there is the former. But it's not "cheating" and it's virtually impossible to define what a "proper" DJ is.

My opinion is, learn to beatmatch before you start using it. Once you've learned beatmatching, you can do what you want, but being able to choose which method you use rather than being forced to use only one method because you didn't learn the other makes you a more versatile DJ and being more versatile can only be a good thing. When I listen to a mix, I don't care how it was made, but sometimes I can tell sync was used - and I mean that in a negative way, because people who cut corners often churn out the worst mixes.

I think the Sync Button an Virtual Dj Birth a lot of Wanna be Dj's in My Area!!The Hands on Skilled Djs are push to the back!!!So i thank it the sync feature to needs to be axed!!!Cause If u really wanna be a real Dj!!U would Start From the Bottom like all the O.G. Dj's Did an earn your stripes.

How many times will we discuss this?

THis has always been an issue with djs. If the sync button was avaliable when the old skool djs where around do you think that djs would have an issue with it?. YES

Does using the sync button class you as a cheat? Not a cheat, just LAZY. honestly if you can't beatmatch you should find another hobby/job

If you use sync button you're not a propper dj? CORRECT.. this first step to becoming a "DJ" is learning to blend track imo

What is the tru meaning of a DJ and with modern tech this should'nt make any less of a dj? Whats the meaning of life? honestly do you expect people to respond to such a widely asked question. I do it to fun, make people smile/dance, "the nod", and to make soem extra cash..
    http://soundcloud.com/real-dj-remax

Most people will use a sync button about as well as they can construct a sentence or use spellcheck - badly.
    Last Night A BJ Choked My Wife - What did she expect, I was Indeep.

Do you think the "Old Skool" DJ has had its day and to make way for the new modern DJs? You cant keep remenissing on the past........ or how are we all supose to proggress in these modern time???
    Looking For DJs @ www.nwcradio.co.uk The peoples EDM DJ Site

And never use airhorns.
    mixcloud.com/mixxed

Your spelling is atrocious, by the way.
    mixcloud.com/mixxed

And never use airhorns.
    we need more cowbell
    http://soundcloud.com/real-dj-remax

Quote Originally Posted by PureDjs View Post
    Do you think the "Old Skool" DJ has had its day and to make way for the new modern DJs? You cant keep remenissing on the past........ or how are we all supose to proggress in these modern time???
    Please explain the difference between old school DJs and modern DJs.