Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 99% of DJ's are hypocrites

Quote Originally Posted by djAj90 View Post
    I got neg repped for my comments on TPB, and people assume I use it for my music sources but I don't. I hear a lot of people talking about piracy is bad but yet don't have a problem with recording a mix and uploading it to websites without a license to do it.

I personally do not care if a DJ is going to pay or not for music, but why do the majority of you guys have a problem with people that don't?
    I know that I negged you for commenting on piracy and acting like it was all good. Do you know how frustrating it is knowing that between Ableton & Reason, and my 500+ tracks I've purchased on Beatport and Audiojelly I'm well over a $1,000 paying for stuff I enjoy and get amusement out of and there are thousands of others using it for free. For a long time I did not think that piracy was an issue and now that I've gotten older I realize it is stealing. I would not walk into Wal-Mart (well, I wouldn't walk into Wal-Mart period) and just say ah screw it, five finger discount for all. Just because it is an intangible asset does not mean no one put hard work into that creation.

I don't think anyone "assumed" you used it for your music sources. Downloading a program is stealing. Downloading movies and TV shows are illegal. While I may not necessarily enjoy or agree with content distribution in this day and age it is more important that we all stand up together and fight against business practices we don't agree with [cough]Beatport[/cough]
    The rest of the world is tired of US interventionism and the US taxpayer is tired of footing the bill for US interventionism. #teamidiot is on the prowl

Quote Originally Posted by M!TCH View Post
    I know that I negged you for commenting on piracy and acting like it was all good. Do you know how frustrating it is knowing that between Ableton & Reason, and my 500+ tracks I've purchased on Beatport and Audiojelly I'm well over a $1,000 paying for stuff I enjoy and get amusement out of and there are thousands of others using it for free. For a long time I did not think that piracy was an issue and now that I've gotten older I realize it is stealing. I would not walk into Wal-Mart (well, I wouldn't walk into Wal-Mart period) and just say ah screw it, five finger discount for all. Just because it is an intangible asset does not mean no one put hard work into that creation.
    ]
    I just see it as something to not be bothered by personally. I know the feeling though and you see it with alot of people on kvr. We have all spent thousands on software that is basically freely available to anyone who can use google. The point is to not really think about that and just remember your supporting the people who made that software since in most cases its very very small companies or single individuals who without supporters like you would cease to exist. Personally I would be way way happier to be rid of retarded anti-piracy mechanisms like C/R, dongles, etc, the ones that really affect legitimate end users and in the end do absolutely nothing to stop piracy. All they are doing in the end is passing along more costs to the actual consumer while not actually providing their intended benefit. Im way happier just using stuff that has basic serial/keyfile or no protection at all

Quote Originally Posted by ezelkow1 View Post
    The point is to not really think about that and just remember your supporting the people who made that software since in most cases its very very small companies or single individuals who without supporters like you would cease to exist.
    This is why I do it (aside from it being stealing). I don't like the thought of anyone freeloading off another's work without proper compensation. The same people that pirate things will be the same to bitch if they don't get paid enough for a gig, etc. I try not to have certain moralities depending on the situation but instead try and apply it universally. If I'm not okay with others benefiting off of my work without at the very least a thank you, then I am not going to presume that someone else is okay with it and say oh well morals aside I'm going to take part in this. I hate the "everyone is doing it" argument. (Last few sentences are just me rambling.)
    The rest of the world is tired of US interventionism and the US taxpayer is tired of footing the bill for US interventionism. #teamidiot is on the prowl

I love Lamp!!!
    Progress, Evolve, while entertaining people is the reason why i'm here.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by M!TCH View Post
    ....I am not going to presume that someone else is okay with it and say oh well morals aside I'm going to take part in this. I hate the "everyone is doing it" argument.
    Couldn't that just as easily apply to mixes, remixes and mashups that people make? Unless people get permission before uploading them, the are presuming it's OK and the reason nobody really thinks about this aspect of it is because "everyone is doing it".

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ D Reddi View Post
    I love Lamp!!!
    What is a DJ if he can't scratch?

Comparing on-line music piracy to buying your music then putting it together in a mix and uploading it to a website has to be one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.
    Once you're in the gutter, you may as well stay in the gutter - Dublin taxi driver

Soundcloud sounds

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    Couldn't that just as easily apply to mixes, remixes and mashups that people make? Unless people get permission before uploading them, the are presuming it's OK and the reason nobody really thinks about this aspect of it is because "everyone is doing it".
    I will respond to this later but yes, you're pointing out a good issue which is difficult for me because I know I do upload my mixes on Soundcloud.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    What is a DJ if he can't scratch?
    One that isn't into Hip Hop?

99% of your posts are total bullshit.
    Please take a look at (and feel free to follow) my soundcloud
    http://soundcloud.com/alexreeduk
    And PLEASE like my facebook page, would mean a lot!