Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Do People (DJs) Hate Top 40 Music?

Quote Originally Posted by Interracial Tea View Post
    Britney Spear's Toxic is awesome.
    seconded. So is Kylie Monigue's - Can't get You Out of my Head

Top40 is going to be hated by true music/ art fans in any genre.

Its generic music.. ripped off and only produced to generate money and fame. Most of the fan base kids, girls and hipsters dont have that passion for music that the 'haters' have.

dont care if its on from time to time but dont care for it. I do like the black eyed peas though. I think they are good at being pop.

I do want to learn to mix top40 though, its part of the job right.
    Last edited by tekno_violet; 02-20-2012 at 10:38 PM.

fuck the OP shit. Lets make this thread about timeless top 40 records that don't suck chode.

I'll start

Outkast - Hey Ya. If you don't like that song, you have no soul and may be the next Hitler.

Quote Originally Posted by oliosky View Post
    fuck the OP shit. Lets make this thread about timeless top 40 records that don't suck chode.

I'll start

Outkast - Hey Ya. If you don't like that song, you have no soul and may be the next Hitler.

I miss OutKast

Quote Originally Posted by drop1 View Post
    I miss OutKast
    this

I love love top 40. Of course, it has to be top 40 from three or more decades ago.
    Find it. Keep it. Work it. Share it.
    Less Talking. More Dancing.
    Yeah, I were Burger Daddy in V 1.0

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Highline View Post
    Why do DJs hate top 40 music? That is the question.

It seems if you even mention the term top 40 to many DJs, they scoff and mock. My question is why? The whole idea of top 40 is that these are the top 40 songs in the charts which means they are pretty popular. And yes I understand that popular doesn't always mean good...but popular doesn't mean bad either. This hatred of top 40 music seems to be completely irrelevant to genre. A punk rock band that makes it big (such as Sum 41) gets shunned by other rockers. Hip Hop acts get called sell outs for not "keepin it real". Even as what would have been perfectly acceptable in the dance music scene 5 years ago (Tiesto & David Guetta) now that it is considered pop it gets hated on. Are we all simply haters? Is it the fact that these songs no matter how good they may or may not be have found success with the masses and therefor as the supposed musical trend setters we don't like to be associated with whats popular but instead what will be popular? Is it that because we are exposed to this music sooner and more often than the masses that we tire of it quicker?

Why do DJs hate Top 40?
    its cuz most top 40 is music for twelve year olds, obviously there is exceptions but they are few & far between. plus alot of it very commercial, cheesy sounding & made simply for money hence the term sell out

Because its the same fucking song over and over again (A lot of top 40 sounds the same) gets recognized while other more "None-Mainstream" talent that is 100% more original and sounds better gets pushed to the side .

All based on the fact of "O YOU GOT X FAMOUS RAPPER TO DO A LYRIC ON IT ALL THE KIDS WILL LOVE IT" or who ever has the biggest backer (Gets more airtime)

There are exceptions to this of course, I like some top 40 but the ones I hear the most are usually ass .

TLDR : VENGEANCE PACK ALL THE SONGS
    Last edited by Maikky; 02-20-2012 at 11:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oliosky View Post

I'll start

C+C Music Factory - Gonna Make You Sweat
    Snap - I Got The Power
    Inner City - Big Fun
    Marvin Gaye - What's Going On
    Taylor Dayne - Prove Your Love
    MJ - Anything off Off The Wall or Thriller

The list goes on.
    Find it. Keep it. Work it. Share it.
    Less Talking. More Dancing.
    Yeah, I were Burger Daddy in V 1.0

Quote Originally Posted by RDRCK View Post
    C+C Music Factory - Gonna Make You Sweat
    Snap - I Got The Power
    Inner City - Big Fun
    Marvin Gaye - What's Going On
    Taylor Dayne - Prove Your Love
    MJ - Anything off Off The Wall or Thriller

The list goes on.
    tunes but back then dance music was new & fresh, sadly most of the dance music in the top 40 in the UK lately is shitty funky house bollox