Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Do People (DJs) Hate Top 40 Music?

that's how i feel about drake the bs he rapps. keeping his nose deep in jay-z but hole pays off. may god i almost forgot drake's woman minaj.
    but this is what you hear in nyc these two clowns.

Banned
    Because its bad, that is all. Top 40 music has ALWAYS been bad as well, don't buy into the beiber ruined music thing, lyrics of top 40 music have always been bad. (for example:
    Lollipop lollipop Oh lolli lolli lolli Lollipop lollipop Oh lolli lolli lolli Lollipop lollipop Oh lolli lolli lolli Lollipop lollipop Oh lolli lolli lolli Lollipop lollipop Oh lolli lolli lolli Lollipop lollipop Oh lolli lolli lolli Lollipop lollipop Oh lolli lolli lolli Lollipop lollipop Oh lolli lolli lolli Lollipop lollipop Oh lolli lolli lolli Lollipop lollipop Oh lolli lolli lolli Lollipop lollipop Oh lolli lolli lolli Lollipop lollipop Oh lolli lolli lolli Lollipop lollipop Oh lolli lolli lolli Lollipop lollipop Oh lolli lolli lolli Lollipop lollipop Oh lolli lolli lolli Lollipop lollipop Oh lolli lolli lolli Lollipop lollipop Oh lolli lolli lolli Lollipop lollipop Oh lolli lolli lolli Lollipop lollipop Oh lolli lolli lolli Lollipop lollipop Oh lolli lolli lolli Lollipop lollipop Oh lolli lolli lolli Lollipop lollipop Oh lolli lolli lolli Lollipop lollipop Oh lolli lolli lolli Lollipop lollipop Oh lolli lolli lolli Lollipop lollipop Oh lolli lolli lolli Lollipop lollipop Oh lolli lolli lolli Lollipop lollipop Oh lolli lolli lolli Lollipop lollipop Oh lolli lolli lolli Lollipop lollipop Oh lolli lolli lolli Lollipop lollipop Oh lolli lolli lolli Lollipop lollipop Oh lolli lolli lolli lollipop

Im a Top40 hater, its the complete lack of creativity that gets me, listen to any (so called) Hip Hop track thats in the Top40 at the minute, if you take out the artists vocals the tracks are hard to distinguish apart, and even when you add the artists vocals, they are all just talking the same (auto-tuned) shit over and over, they have very little talent, listen to the lyrics of each song, half of them dont even make sense, I dont have any examples as Im not into Top40 but I remember hearing a song by Black Eyed Peas or it may have been Will.I.Am. and it was literally an onslaught of words that rhymed, they didnt even make a scentence? and then its played a million times per day on the radio. There are some songs that I hear and honestly think, yea thats no too bad, but 2 weeks later I cant stand it because Ive heard it 20x a day.
    DJF TRANCE CHAMPION 2011
    DEEPER SHADES OF TRANCE - BRINGING YOU THE BIGGEST NAMES IN TRANCE WEEKLY VIA TRANCERADIO.FM

where im at, the only music is top40

Quote Originally Posted by pittsey View Post
    Because its bad, that is all. Top 40 music has ALWAYS been bad as well, don't buy into the beiber ruined music thing, lyrics of top 40 music have always been bad. (for example:
    you're comparing late 50s barbershop music to justin beiber. just stop right there.

a single person wrote 'Lollipop,' Julius Dixson.
    jasoncerna.com | boogieburg | twitter @jasoncerna | instagram @jasoncerna

Why you hatin on lollipop?

Seriously though... Most Pop music relies on being extremely catchy... which means it quickly become annoying to the people who's job it is to play it over and over again.

The average person listens to Top 40 radio for an hour and there in the car. They love some PartyRock. The DJ on the radio hears the song twice an hour for 8 hours a day, 5 days a week... He hates that shit.

I can only speak for myself. Top 40 is made to appeal to the lowest common denominator. I haven't liked what would be considered contemporary "top 40" at any point in my life, so why would I want to spin it? Sure, some of the stuff I used to listen to might now be classified top 40 (some 80's classics for instance), but it wasn't top 40 when it was new. When I first started DJing, I worked a number of gigs to get in the door that were definitely top 40, but as soon as I was good enough I transitioned out of it and into music I found interesting.

Britney Spear's Toxic is awesome.

b/c it sux

What I am getting is that for many of you, its the lyrics of the song...but for me at least that is a very small part for me. Most songs, I don't listen to the lyrics at all and for the most part really don't know what they are saying (unless some profanity comes out, my ear is trained to pick that up) other than the general gist of the song.

As far as all of the producers, do you think all of those people actually have a hand in making a record or are those people listed simply in title only. So & So ego needs massaging so we will list him on the track.

I understand the manufactured aspect of it all too...I mean the music industry like all others is a copy cat industry...if something is doing well then others want their piece of that pie. But that happens everywhere...