Thread: Air Traffic Control Sounds??

Air Traffic Control Sounds??

Hi can anyone help me with this..

Im looking to download some wav files with air traffic control chatter. Like how you see in the movies... This is xxxx reporting for landing etc... do you copy....

Ive found a few but they dont exactly create an exciting picture. just boring conversation over the radio...

Anyone know where i can find these?

This is what I do when I find a youtube video that has audio or video I want to use. There are lots of ATC vids on youtube so this might help.

1.) Copy the link of the youtube video you want to use.

2.) Go to www.keepvid.com and copy the link in the search bar (no registration needed)

3.) You can then download the file to your system in a few formats. I always download it as a flash file (.FLV) for reasons I will explain.

4.) Download the youtube downloader software.

http://download.cnet.com/YTD-Video-D...-10647340.html

Install and run it and then locate the flash video you have just downloaded from keepvid. You now have the option to convert it to MP3, AVI, MPEG4 and several other formats. You can also trim the video and change the volume which is extremely useful because say you convert a file and when you add it to the mix or load it to the storyboard you find the volume needs changing and the gain and channel controls don't help which is usually when it's too loud and distorted. Just turning the gain down will not get rid of the distortion because it's been converted that way. All you need to do is reconvert it and change the volume setting. This is why I always download as a flash file so I can preview them with a flash player and keep them as the original flash files in a master folder which I can return to if I need to reconvert.

This may seem a lengthy process and it can be if you are converting a high volume of files but it's worth it because with this method you can use any video on youtube for their audio or video components and achieve a very clear sound. If you are like me and obsessive about audio levels and clarity it's perfect.

Can I ask what you are doing with it? I'm curious because I'm a big fan of flight simulator and aviation in general.

cheers bro. Im dropping an airtraffic conversation into a massive electro track. the conversation will last the entire build up. and end with do you copy?...

Mark Farina made a whole about with the air traffic theme called "Air Farina". you might check it out for inspiration or to differentiate yourself from what's been done already

Quote Originally Posted by djcarloni View Post
    cheers bro. Im dropping an airtraffic conversation into a massive electro track. the conversation will last the entire build up. and end with do you copy?...
    I like the sound of that good luck dude. The set I'm working on is going to start with radio static and changing channels so it sounds like the set has been found while scanning radio frequences in space by NASA or the SETI programme. Probably been done a million times before but I've been scouring youtube for suitable vids for that.