Thread: "Past Tense" - my first new track for 2013!

"Past Tense" - my first new track for 2013!

Hi, everyone.

I don't normally post my songs here at DJF, but I'm quite proud of this one. It's called "Past Tense," and it's the first track I'm releasing from a forthcoming EP, which I'm tentatively entitling "Black Purple Black."

I'm more known for downtempo productions, but this one actually runs along at 118 BPM.

Here's hoping you enjoy it... thank you very much!

Last edited by Badger; 01-16-2013 at 12:31 PM.
    Old-School DJ, Remix Archivist, Vinyl Freak, and Nostalgia Addict
    DJBadger.com | Awesome Retro DJ Service | Facebook | Mixcloud | Soundcloud | ACIDPlanet
    RUTHLESS PROGRESSION | Please don't rent cars from Dollar or Thrifty!

trippy badger. very trippy. did you intend on doing anything with it or what?

http://soundcloud.com/arthurd/sets/arthur-d-house-music

Not my kind of thing but well made and I liked the break down of it at about 3:15 and then kicking back into it at 3:40 or so. Nice stuff.
    That panning was tripping out my brain.
    what?

Thank you both for your feedback! Yeah, I agree that the panning can be trippy. Bob, I'm glad you liked the breakdown. I thought it was a fun way to break up the track a bit.

acetheface, I am working on four or five other tracks to accompany this one on the EP, if that's what you're asking. A couple of the titles for the other new songs are "Imprint" and "Love To Serve."

As far as "Past Tense" goes, I might do a bit more work on the original version before the EP is complete, but not much. I also may approach a producer or two that I know to see if they would like to do a remix of the track as a bonus cut for the EP.

Thanks very much!

Last edited by Badger; 01-17-2013 at 06:38 PM. Reason: Added a bit more.
    DJBadger.com | Awesome Retro DJ Service | Facebook | Mixcloud | Soundcloud | ACIDPlanet

I am a wedding DJ (yeah, I know... we are the red headed step children in the world of DJs) so I don't do anything like this but curiosity got the best of me and I decided to check out this part of the forums and I glad I did. This is great! You have talent. Thanks for posting it for others to enjoy.

Thank you very much, Galager! I'm not sure if you know my history, but I actually started in the mobile DJ field, working with another mobile jock for a year and a half then running my own DJ company for a little over twelve years before concentrating on venue/club DJing.

I actually started doing my own music production about nine and a half years after I started doing my own mobile DJing... and it became a bit of a "side passion" that I revisit from time to time. I know what you mean about mobile DJs feeling like the redheaded stepchildren, though, but mobile DJing earns a different type of respect (at least, from me) and comes with its own responsibilities and rewards!

Thanks for taking a chance and following your curiosity... I'm really glad you enjoyed the track!