Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newbie DJ

Fantastic setup, best of luck!

The sync button is only being used for now since I Am still learning to beat match. When i get frustrated at how terrible I am at it I do a session with it activated to play with the creative side of dj'n.

I am planning to put a giant post-it not over it saying "Use only in extreme emergencies" when I can beatmatch and cue perfectly by myself xD. I find the sync button actually peevs me off more since I have to make sure the beat grid is always perfect on it and I feel reliant on a computer to do it. I much rather learn so I never have to touch it again.

I think the sync button is nice when you dj'n live and you find you screwed up beat matching or something other wise I think it is a waste to have.

The sync button will become a crutch for you. Learn to beatmatch by ear...

Sometimes it takes a min to train ur brain to hear two different songs but its possible and you will eventually learn to do it.

It may be frustrating, but keep at it. So, stay away from sync!
    www.MCPerformances.com
    www.facebook.com/mcperformancesllc
    www.twitter.com/dj_smylez

So after using the sync button for just fun and then getting pissed off I have finally totally gotten away from that sync button. I am taking it in steps. Right now I can hear the differences in the 2 songs and can line up the beats. I am not yet truly beatmatching as I am cheating using the BPM counter a bit. I am though able to hear when it is too fast or needs to slow down when the bpm is incorrect and can adjust from there. The next step is to cover the BPM and beatmatch fully by ear. One step at a time. I can do a decent set now but I have yet to learn my music inside and out to make a perfect on the fly set.

I have not regretted spending the money on this thing as it is just so much fun to use as well as the amount of times I have used it for events I am doing and other DJ's appreciate using it.

I haven't seen a beginner starting out with a high ticket item as of yet! BUT THAT'S COOL THOUGH! Although I could not do a set like that WOW! $5000

Welcome to DJ Forums James812!! Nice set!!
    - Synaxis || DJ Archer

"Common sense is not quite so common..." -Voltaire

Hello guys! Nice meeting you all!
    DJ Drop - Do a DJ Drop by Andrew Reid
    http://fiverr.com/andrewreidlive/do-a-dj-drop-for-you

Welcome to the forums!
    http://soundcloud.com/xtremesound/old-school-1
    In a mood for the 80's Lately!