Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Will Pioneer release a DDJ-TX?

I think that's just it. Some will be horrible at first, but will be refined over time.

You look at the things in the past like the high resolution midi firmware for the VCI-100 or the midi maps for the APC, Maschine, or launchpad. There's a lot of potential out there.

Quote Originally Posted by KLH View Post
    Someone else (in the main NAMM thread) has said that NI doesn't even attend NAMM. Oh well. Maybe at Musikmesse?
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew B View Post
    Pioneer does, though.

I just got my threads mixed up.

FMLIDJF.

-KLH
    Last edited by KLH; 01-10-2013 at 07:45 PM.
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

Im no economist, but I believe that the Pioneer DDJ SX poses a huge threat to NI due to it's great success in the short time it has been out. If NI doesn't release anything, it would be very surprising to me. I look at it this way, the Pioneer DDJ SX is a full stand alone mixer, 2 CDJ style players, great effects section, decent looping section(IMO inferior to S4), and intriguing beat/drum pad for cues, rolls, slicer, etc. And when you look at the price point, it is a very competitive controller. NI gotta step their game up haha. But, hey Im just another DJ who's opinion means nothing...
    M∆TT PEREZ (Rutgers New Brunswick, New Jersey) Traktor Kontrol S4, X1, F1, Maschine Mikro
    https://soundcloud.com/matthew_perez

I'm going to say it again....the S4 is still perfect for Traktor. Really, there's nothing it can't do so why upgrade it? Unless there's some way a dude could jam f1 style pads for remix decks in there (which would be kind of dumb) NI has no reason to change anything.
    rape stork

Quote Originally Posted by contra View Post
    I'm going to say it again....the S4 is still perfect for Traktor. Really, there's nothing it can't do so why upgrade it? Unless there's some way a dude could jam f1 style pads for remix decks in there (which would be kind of dumb) NI has no reason to change anything.
    I really wanted to use traktor, really really wanted to use traktor, but side by side the s4 feels like a toy compared to the sx and the sx easily got my cash when the time came.

You know, I'll agree the materials used on the S4 could have been improved (my x1 feels better built lol) but I'm more focused on the function of the S4. I don't think the S4 could be upped. It could be a personal thing for me though, I'm not really a fan of pads and I really like that the S4 is more knob/button based.
    rape stork

Quote Originally Posted by contra View Post
    You know, I'll agree the materials used on the S4 could have been improved (my x1 feels better built lol) but I'm more focused on the function of the S4. I don't think the S4 could be upped. It could be a personal thing for me though, I'm not really a fan of pads and I really like that the S4 is more knob/button based.
    Im not knocking the performance of the s4, the fact that it can do time code without an interface damn near sold me on it. It was when I walked into guitar center and put my hands on both controllers that made be shy away from it. Being that you can get both controllers for the same price, NI will loose customers on the build quality alone. Now give me a version of the sx for traktor and watch how fast my sx goes back!

Edit. I have never been a huge fan of pads myself. Until now. At first I felt they were gimmicky, and while I still feel that way to an extent Im finding them to be more and more useful every day.
    Last edited by drop1; 01-11-2013 at 09:28 PM.

S4 has no slip mode, knobs and platters feel cheap, and platters are too small. And this is coming from a guy that has a S4 and has loved it, ever since it has come out. The only thing it has one-up on DDJ-Sx is the loop section. This is just my opinion, and when I purchase a controller, i want it to be physically strong, visually appealing, and runs smoothly. Oh, and once again, i wish it was for Traktor
    M∆TT PEREZ (Rutgers New Brunswick, New Jersey) Traktor Kontrol S4, X1, F1, Maschine Mikro

S4 has slip mode on Traktor v2.6.

-KLH
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

Oh wow, i didn't even kno, where is it at?