Thread: $250 Hazer?

$250 Hazer?

People complain about the smell of fog juice, a hazer is not as foul right, it uses a different liquid?
    Using the haze to make my laser and moving head beams have more pop in the dark, for small-medium venues.
    Don't want to spend much more than 250.
    Interested in buying a good unit that's used to get me in the 250 range.

Thanks for any suggestions

IMHO, $ 250.00 won't buy you a real hazer. Chauvet's Hurricane Haze 2D runs $ 299.00 and has had many posts on the forum that you should search.
    BillESC
    Lighting, Sound & Video since 1973
    804-435-6858 [email][bill@entsyscorp.com]

you might have luck finding a used american dj hazer for that price.. I know I picked one up about a year ago for $225

I have and tried to use the Chauvet Haze 2d and it was a complete shamble. The thing never worked properly and Chauvet never really fixed the problems it had. While you can take that gamble I am with Bill and recomend save up for one of the 600 dollar ones. It will be better in the end.

I, too, did not have luck with the Chauvet Haze 2d.

I'm also not a fan of the ADJ unit. The oily film it leaves on fixtures and dance floors is a pain.

Antari is about the cheapest real hazer you will find.
    Lighting Designer/Special Effects: Grand MA, Martin, Le Maitre, ReeleFX, Fire One Pyrotechnics
    As for you Mystic. YOU ARE A FUCKEN MORON. -Fueledbymusic

Quote Originally Posted by Eskae View Post
    People complain about the smell of fog juice, a hazer is not as foul right, it uses a different liquid?
    If you tape the fog release switch on a fogger so it's always on and then thin the fog juice way down, what comes out doesn't smell because it's mostly steam. There's so much of it that you still get enough fog for your lights.

Ratio depends on your machine and the size of your room but I generally use one cup of fog juice per gallon of distilled water for a 400 watt Eliminator.

After years of complaints I stumbled on this solution, and now don't do it any other way. I actually hot wired both of my Eliminator 400s inside the units so I no longer need the remotes at all.

This ^ however it can be done right, the only known one is the neutron xs hazer, which is 1200$ map. I have it and it is probably the best I have used. It works like a fazer, but its output is that of a hazer. It doesn't leave residue or dust bunnies.
    I won't deal with "bargain shoppers." If a customer calls me and thinks he/she can whittle down my price because DJ RectalSquirt is offering to DJ for $100 for the night, then he/she and DJ RectalSquirt probably deserve one another. -Badger