Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: This is for all DJ's That use A Controller and never the club standard.

This is for all DJ's That use A Controller and never the club standard.

So last night we are booked to spin at this club.

They booked 4 dj's. Me And 3 Other Dj's.

So we get there and there is already 12's and a 57 mixer in the DJ booth.

The DJ booth is small like only 2 people if one is pushed up against the turntable.

I setup for video and the other 2 were also ready. Except 1 had to install the drivers for the 57. installed and he's ready to go.

About 10:30 the last DJ comes in with a Ns7 controller and wants to setup in the DJ booth that has no room for his ns7 at all.

The club is crowded and he's getting mad cause we are like there is no way to set you up.

So he go tell's the promoter and they come over and say why he can't setup.

Were like where can he put the ns7 ?????. There Is no room in the booth. So he want to setup right up the steps that the DJ booth & VIP area uses.

So where like where is your cross stand.?? He don't have one. So they look for a tall table and find one. Now they wanna cut off the system to plug him in while the floor is packed.

Where like you don't know how to use 12's and a mixer and he say's no.

I go dude this is too much hassle with you blocking the stairs to the DJ booth and VIP area.

So the club owner comes over and goes whats going on why you guys keep stopping the music video DJ.

We go, Were trying to find a way to set him up so he can use his ns7.

The owner goes NO if he cant use what the other 3 dj's are using then he's not djing and Say unplug that and plug him (me) back in.

The promoter say's I hired him to DJ and the owner say's your other 3 dj's are being uncomfortable cause your trying to hook up a piece of equipment that looks like the same shit right there.

He points to the crowd and bar and goes look there all mad. So turn the video's back on.

The owner said to all three of us can you guy's use that machine he has and we all say yeah. He looks at the dude and say so why cant you use what they are using. They all can use yours.

I say this learn to use cdj's and 12's or any turntable cause this will happen to you at a club if you don't know how to use it.

We wasted 1 hr trying to get him setup and the club owner shut's him down like that.

We tried to show him how to use the 12's and mixer and he was like no he wanna use his, That's what he knows how to use.

well he didn't get paid or spin .
    Last edited by VjQue; 01-04-2013 at 09:26 PM. Reason: Faded after the club when I posted this. lol

Uh...wut. I was trying to read and follow what you posted...and most of it didn't make any sense to me.

it happens a lot, no space for controller and laptop. A mess while pluging in and out. I think they should check out the place first to see if there is enough room in the dj booth, also ask about previous dj set up.

But people don't really think about convenience.
    "The dedication to repetition — the search for nirvana in a single held tone or an endlessly cycling rhythm — is one of electronic music's noblest gestures."

If you can use a controller you can use cdj's its basically a giant controller,especially if you have 1 CDJ on right,mixer in middle and second CDJ on left.

Dude no offence but I started reading this and about half way through thought, fuck it, it doesn't make much sense to read? From what I gather its a case of you or the other Dj should have checked the club's set up/space, before getting to the gig to make sure there was enough room?
    DJF TRANCE CHAMPION 2011
    DEEPER SHADES OF TRANCE - BRINGING YOU THE BIGGEST NAMES IN TRANCE WEEKLY VIA TRANCERADIO.FM

I'm with everyone above. More or less you're telling people know how to use more than just a controller before you start trying to pull down gigs where you may not be able to use your own setup. IDK why anyone wouldn't check the place out beforehand and know what they're walking into.
    The rest of the world is tired of US interventionism and the US taxpayer is tired of footing the bill for US interventionism. #teamidiot is on the prowl

!SYNTAX ERROR! My mind is garbled!

if you have some equipment to setup, do it EARLY before the gig, not late during. I don't understand why a whole venue had to stop because of some noob that sounds about as welcome as a fart in a spacesuit.

i agree and i am assuming that this was typed on a phone while drunk.