Thread: > Generic Greeting/Salutation Goes Here <

Smile > Generic Greeting/Salutation Goes Here <

Hey everyone,

I'm new to the forum after lurking for about the past week, I figured this would be the best place for my first post.

My first name's Alexander, I'll go by either Zander or Alex. I'm 21 years old and from the southwest Chicago suburbs. I'm a senior at Cornell College in Mt. Vernon, IA. The reason why I decided on joining here is because I want to take DJing from a hobby to a part time job.

I started to get into DJing when I was one of the social chairs of my Fraternity as a Sophomore (2010-11). One of my responsibilities was to select music for parties that we hosted. I received a lot of compliments on my selection of songs after a few parties so I decided to start creating playlists for the parties. The playlists evolved into creating mixes using computer software that would play for 30 minutes or so at parties (I bought MixPad and WavePad software from NCH). I continued to get good feedback from my friends and I could tell they weren't BSing me because people really were dancing and enjoying the mixes. I decided to do some research and look into DJing and live mixing. I decided to buy a Numark DJ2GO with Virtual DJ as my starter mixer and try to learn the basics of DJing with that; if I liked DJing, then I would buy a better mixer. I mixed live at a bunch of parties and I recently headlined a night at my small town's biggest bar (trust me, its not a huge feat, there were only about 200 people in attendance). The night went extremely well and I became hooked, I really enjoy DJing and want to make it a part-time job on weekends. I currently advertise myself as an EDM DJ who likes to mix Progressive House tracks with Top 40 remixes. I would like to eventually get into Progressive and Electro House DJing and producing once I learn more and improve.

So that's where I am: A beginning DJ with mediocre talent (I like to think I have a pretty good "ear") who is looking to improve. You'll see me posting a lot of questions on the forum, responding to posts that I actually can provide feedback on, and generally trying to not piss anyone off.

Cheers!
    Last edited by Zander James; 12-26-2012 at 11:38 PM. Reason: I can't formulate sentences properly, you'll learn that.

Thanks for joining in.participant,and if you don't piss someone off,then your not doing something right...~Welcome to the Dj Forums!~

Welcome to DJ Forums Zander!!
    - Synaxis || DJ Archer

"Common sense is not quite so common..." -Voltaire

hey zander, welcome to forum! let us know how the college scene treats you as you progress!
    Anyone with a stutter should never say the word "Ghost."

WHALECUM!

Welcome!

Thanks for the welcomes everyone! I'll absolutely be up****** everyone on my progress as I go along too!

Zander, welcome to djforums!