Thread: Quick Chauvet Colorstrip question

Quick Chauvet Colorstrip question

I have two of the Chauvet Colorstrips and I'm trying to link them together so it's master/slave or whatever. I'm looking at the manual and it says to power link them. Since I rented these I never received the cable that let's me go from Power Out to Power In. Is that power cable necessary to get them synchronized? I have a DMX cable to do it but I can't get them synced for some reason.

Thanks.

As long as they are plugged into the same circuit you'll be fine. Have you set one fixture as master and the other as slave? Did you link them via DMX out to DMX in?
    BillESC
    Lighting, Sound & Video since 1973
    804-435-6858 [email][bill@entsyscorp.com]

Oh okay. They're plugged into the same circuit. Yes I did link them from Master/Slave Link Output DMX out to DMX in. I was able to set the master but according to the manual, it said the second Colorstrip would automatically go into slave when I connect the two together.

I thought I had it at one point, but then it just went out of sync.
    Last edited by Interracial Tea; 12-15-2012 at 04:23 PM.

They don't need to be on the same circuit, they just need to have power and be linked with an XLR cable. There are 2 ways to go about this, either DMX OUT to DMX IN (Master to Slave) or Link OUT to DMX IN (Master to Slave).

Definitely don't need to be power linked. You should be running from LINK OUT to DMX IN on the slaves.

The second colorstrip will not automatically go into "slave" mode. You'll have to set it accordingly before they synchronize.

As I recall the master needs to be powered on before the slave, If they are both powered n at the same time I could never synch mine.