Thread: Need Advice on Recording Setup

Question Need Advice on Recording Setup

Hey guys,

I am relatively new to the whole recording business but I am an experienced guitarist and I "dabble" on the piano.

I am interested in recording a few of the songs I have written but I am unsure as to what the best setup/method is with the equipment and software that I have.

Equipment
    ~Maschine MK2
    ~Axiom 25 - USB
    ~PreSonus AudioBox USB
    ----Plan to use Fender Jagmaster or Acoustic-Electric Seagull Entourage

Available Software
    Maschine (bundled with Maschine)
    Studio One 2 (bundled with Audiobox)
    Logic Express 8

I am totally new to home studio setups so I am basically asking what is the best software to combine all three of controllers/boxes, and how to do so. I am tech savy so I do not need to be babied through this.

*I have used the Audiobox with Logic but the recording was low quality with significant buzzing when I began to play louder. What are the best settings or what do I need to change/ be aware of in order to have a clean recording?

I am using a Macbook Pro 15" Mid 2012.

It looks like it should all work fine. I'm not sure where the "buzzing" was coming from with your setup. What were you recording and how were you doing it?

Maschine will work as a plugin inside Studio One and Logic, and both of them can get 16 channels out of it…the difference is entirely one of preference.