View Poll Results: House Battle: The Baxter vs aceBTH - Who should be the winner of this battle?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mix 1

7 63.64%
  • Mix 2

4 36.36%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Baxter vs aceBTH - House Battle

Ill listen to this in a few hours once i get off work!

Mix 1: Good intro track, really enjoying this one! Not too shabby of a mix into 2nd tune, kept it together really well and into a quality second track as well. Mix into 3rd track is decent enough as well, and I also enjoy this track a lot. That VOX is killer on this tune! Mix into 4th track is quite good. lol this Polish girl? "vut da fuck" is a line I'm used to her saying. Mixing into 5th track drifts here and there but is fixed well, didn't lose flow. Enjoying this track. This last track has some really nice sounds! Fun mix into it too.

Mix 2: Skrillex - Internet... wait.... wait... No?! lol awesome, I was confused at first for sure since this is a house battle. Bwahhaa, awesome! That guys lyrics are "meh" at best tho. Nice feel regardless I have this 2nd track myself, good track for sure. Mix into it was decent. Mixing in on this breakdown? Brave for sure Seemed to work not quite work that well together for a few moments, but overall I think it worked out quite well. Good 3rd track. Mix into 4th tune was slighty off coming in, but quickly corrected and the energy seems to be still there. Enjoy this track. Track 5 comes in and maintains a sketchy mix. Interesting track Not 100% my cup of tea, but it sure is interesting. Track 6 comes in pretty hard on the hi's so seems a bit much. Cut the track on the break, safe mix but sounded good enough and did maintain flow. Mix into 7th track (I have this one too) comes in very off from the outgoing track. Never really gets solved, just faded into.

I'm going to have to go with Mix 1. More technically sound, I preferred the tracks and there were the right amount of tracks to fill the space. I feel that mix 2 pushed it a little to hard to get a 'variety' in there. "Less is more" I think.

Enjoyed both, good job guys

I liked them both. They both had a few mistakes but to me it came down to track selection and flow. I gotta go with mix 1

Baxter sick mix I actually hate mine haha rematch on the cards .. Thx to everyone for listening and voting !

both submitted good mixes.
    vote is for mix#1.

i enjoyed this battle.
    Mix 1 - i enjoyed the music on this one more, but some beats drifting on at least 2 different transitions that i could hear.

Mix 2 - when it started i was confused - but this was a good surprise. I didnt enjoy the music on this one too much although it reminded me a little of some parties i went to in the late 90's. Some tracks had the same feel as some famous club bangers from the 90's. I enjoyed this mix and if the battle was against another style, I guess I would have chose this one. I just enjoyed the techy feel of the 1st mix more.

Mix 1 for me pls

mix 1 - pretty straight up... played it pretty safe, technically sound mix overall but nothing really interesting going on here for me personally. think you coulda played more with energy levels at least, minus like 1 track in the middle everything pretty much lingered around the same energy for me - upbeat and 'polite'. i know its kinda a pain in the ass given that you only got like 20-30 mins to work with but i woulda liked to see a bit more progression or an overall idea/concept behind the mix. honestly, a lot of these kinda tunes aren't really stand-out to me but it's a nice mix regardless, thumbs up!

mix 2 - great intro, had a nice laugh makes it little ADD at the same time too, especially near the beginning (like 3 tracks in 5 mins?). lot of the tracks i'd consider a little cheesy by themselves but dunno... they worked nicely to give the mix cohesion and gave me warmer vibes than mix 1... kinda reminded me of a defected in the house miami mix or something. think the mixing itself coulda been done a bit better at points but whatever, didn't distract me enough to vote the other way.

mix 2 for me but props to both of you!

Congrats Baxter ! my mixing was shoddy as, but had no time to re record. A rematch is on the cards I feel. Good job your mix was super solid

I think there both very good mixes.

My votes going to be for mix 2. Very well put together. Really busy. Great song selection.

Thanks
    http://soundcloud.com/curtis-taylor