Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Best DJ headphones to buy?

DJ Techtools just did a good article concerning 5 popular DJ cans:

http://www.djtechtools.com/2012/12/0...ones-reviewed/
    Last edited by sss18734; 12-09-2012 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sss18734 View Post
    DJ Techtools just did a good article concerning 5 popular DJ cans:

http://www.djtechtools.com/2012/12/0...ones-reviewed/
    No. That article is crap. It's biased, the testing was inconsistent and incomplete, and the information is very inaccurate.

Do NOT use that article to research your headphone purchase. If you need a second opinion on the quality of that article, look at the comments.
    Last edited by DJNR; 12-09-2012 at 02:29 PM.
    Equipment: CDJ 2000 Nexus, DJM 900 Nexus, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro, AiAiAi TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition.

Best option is to just go and try them out yourself. I, personally, like the A&H Xone 53s. They are a little big for my head, but the sound quality makes up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by DJNR View Post
    No. That article is crap. It's biased, the testing was inconsistent and incomplete, and the information is very inaccurate.

Do NOT use that article to research your headphone purchase. If you need a second opinion on the quality of that article, look at the comments.
    Hmm, I was thinking this when I saw I good they reviewed the beats. Guess they got payed to "review" em haha!

Quote Originally Posted by baller95 View Post
    Hmm, I was thinking this when I saw I good they reviewed the beats. Guess they got payed to "review" em haha!

They also heavily downplayed the HD-25, almost to the extent where they put the Beats above them. Many people on this forum know the HD-25s are top tier headphones.
    Equipment: CDJ 2000 Nexus, DJM 900 Nexus, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro, AiAiAi TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition.

Quote Originally Posted by DJNR View Post
    They also heavily downplayed the HD-25, almost to the extent where they put the Beats above them. Many people on this forum know the HD-25s are top tier headphones.
    Interesting! So you'd say Sennheiser over Ultrasone and Pioneer? I just wish the HD-25 looked a bit cooler!
    Last edited by Baller95; 12-09-2012 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by baller95 View Post
    Interesting! So you'd say Sennheiser over Ultrasone and Pioneer? I just wish the HD-25 looked a bit cooler!
    For me, no. I prefer over ear headphones like the Ultrasone and Pioneer as opposed to the on ear headphones like the TMA 1s and the HD-25s. I am very convinced honestly that the Ultrasone DJ1 Pro headphones are better than the HDJ 2000s, but naturally people are going to disagree. The headphones just sound amazing, feel amazing, and work excellent. The S Logic thing is awesome too, and actually pretty noticeable. For me, the DJ1-Pro at $150 vs the Pioneer HDJ2000 at $200 is a no brainer, especially because when the Ultrasone DJ1 Pro were still new they went for about $300 (what I paid).

If you want a cool looking pair of HD25s, you could probably find a place that sells custom pairs. They are pretty customizable and pretty common, so it shouldn't be too hard to find a place that will do it for you. If you don't want to have to struggle to find a custom pair, take a look at the TMA-1s. They have some special edition ones. I have the Fools Gold TMA1s myself.

i use allen and heath xd2 53 and i love them.
    Technics 1200 MK2 - Rane TTM57SL - MBP 15.4"
    http://www.twitter.com/djkvg http://www.soundcloud.com/kvg-1

So I was reading reviews on the DJ1 Pro's and came across one website that has this as the introduction -
    "Two turntables and a microphone" is the refrain often quoted as the essential elements of a DJ's gear - be it from the original Mantronix or as sampled by Beck. These days, it should be two audio sources and a pair of headphones."
    Is it just me or was that a really dumb intro? Lol kinda random but sorry to thread jack :p

I have a pair of HDJ - 500's and although they may not be the best on the market, they are really pretty solid.

Again as someone else posted they are really quite Bass heavy.