Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Best DJ headphones to buy?

I have tried many headphones as a DJ, definitely the most comfortable are the Technics RPDJ1210
    Last edited by JulianBaez; 02-27-2019 at 07:54 PM.

I have Pioneers but the ear pads are crumbling.......guess I need new ones!

Quote Originally Posted by light-o-matic View Post
    I use my headphones same as Wapples, I leave them on and turn the volume down pretty low to get some quiet between mixes. It's funny how headphone trends come and go.. in the early 2000's I had Sony V700's.. that's what everyone was getting right then (the MDR7506 becoming less popular). And then all the DJ companies came out with headphones.. Technics, Pioneer, Stanton etc.. all headphones that looked like the Sony V700. I didn't know any DJ who used Sennheiser (or Beyer, or any other pro audio brand). I knew Sennheiser was good because I was into broadcasting and pro audio, I had Sennheiser hifi headphones, I had used Allen & Heath mixers for live sound, also Soundcraft... but DJing no. But I was on a DJ group back then I don't remember if it was a message board or a usenet group now, but it was mostly European and Australian DJ's.. and they were into all that.. A&H mixers, Sennheiser Headphones (HD25-1 II), Ecler, Allen & Heath and Dateq mixers. Not Sony, and Pioneer just for CD decks. So when my headphones got jacked at a party I decided to go HD25 and never looked back. Everyone thought they were totally weird, they didn't look like DJ headphones at all, because "DJ Headphones" looked that certain way that was started by the V700.... Now I thing that Sony style which everyone copied is now out of style, the HD25 has been around and they are still great but not that exciting to people anymore, so now you have all these new guys who aren't saying they're better than Pioneer or Technics or Sony headphones because that's not cool anymore, they are trying to position themselves above Sennheiser.
    I still have my Sony 700s, they just need new earpads

And my main ones are Sennheisers urbanite XL now. Finally found some Senns that would go around my ears rather than sit on them, and be suitable for every purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by light-o-matic View Post
    I didn't know any DJ who used Sennheiser (or Beyer, or any other pro audio brand). I knew Sennheiser was good because I was into broadcasting and pro audio, I had Sennheiser hifi headphones, I had used Allen & Heath mixers for live sound, also Soundcraft... but DJing no.
    Seems to me that in the 1980s and 1990s the most common DJ headphone was the Shure because it had one ear cup and a pretty good microphone attached to it.
    But the number of US Supreme Court judges was always 6.
    Then it was 5, then 6, then 7, then 9, then 10, then 7, and then 9.