Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Best DJ headphones to buy?

Best DJ headphones to buy?

I'm just starting out and I have been researching gear, mostly headphones. I have heard nothing but good things about the Pioneer HDJ-2000s. Are they all they're cracked up to be? Any other headphone/gear suggestions are also welcome!

From what I hear, the HDJ2000s are great headphones. Personally I can recommend the Ultrasone DJ1-Pro and the AiAiAi TMA-1s if you want to save some cash.
    Equipment: CDJ 2000 Nexus, DJM 900 Nexus, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro, AiAiAi TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition.

http://www.djforums.com/forums/showt...over-the-years

the best headphones are the ones that suit your ears and busget.

I second DJNR
    Need an amazing Video DJ that can Handle Indian and American, let's work together!

Headphones are a more personal thing. You should really be trying to demo a few pairs first to see what you like.

However, this is not always easy. And I didn't get a chance to before I bought mine.

I initially ended up getting a pair of Sennheiser HD 25's. Excellent headphone, and come highly recommended by many DJ's out there. They sound great, are very sturdy, feel excellent to wear, and aren't too big. I instantly fell in love with them.
    That said, I did initially order the AIAIAI TMA-1's, but they were out of stock, hence getting the HD25's. The TMA-1's are supposed to be an excellent purchase also.

I got a pair of the new Allen & Heath Xone XD2-53's with my DB4 mixer recently though. And I can confirm these are also an excellent headphone. Very good bass response, and they are of a size more compareable to the HDJ-2000's you mentioned. They certainly dont feel overly bulky, but are certainly bigger. They provide excellent isolation, and have the biggest drivers of any DJ headphone on the market.

I have now swithed to using my XD2's over the HD25's. Although the HD25's will make an excellent back-up set. I was so impressed with the 25's though that I had bought a second pair as a replacement for my travelling headphones. Thats how good they are. So I now have 2 pairs of HD25's, and one pair of XD2-53's.

But, as I said earlier. If possible, try to demo them yourself first, to see what you like.

i have pioneer hdj500's which are nice. sounds a bit bassier than i would really like as i use the snare sound to beat match, but thankfully i can eq my headphones on my empath.

they also get a bit uncomfortable after 40 mins too, bit heavy and bulky
    Rane Empath/Technics 1210mkII

I've tried a number of different headphones over the years (inc. past favourites Technics RP-DJ 1210's). Finally got around to buying a set of Sennheiser HD 25's and have honestly never looked back. Awesome headphones in my opinion. Two good features are their weight (nice & light) and sound isolation (extremely good).

Also, what would be good equipment to buy for a beginner? I don't want to buy cheap stuff that will break in a couple of
    months. All suggestions are welcome

Welcome to DJF, Jayko101.

Quote Originally Posted by DJNR View Post
    From what I hear, the HDJ2000s are great headphones. Personally I can recommend the Ultrasone DJ1-Pro and the AiAiAi TMA-1s if you want to save some cash.
    Quote Originally Posted by Manu View Post
    the best headphones are the ones that suit your ears and busget.
    Quote Originally Posted by xs2man View Post
    Headphones are a more personal thing. You should really be trying to demo a few pairs first to see what you like.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayko101 View Post
    Also, what would be good equipment to buy for a beginner? I don't want to buy cheap stuff that will break in a couple of months. All suggestions are welcome
    Your question was answered above. For more suggestions, see the link above.

-KLH
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

Thanks KLH! I appreciate it