Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Justin Beiber receives ZERO grammy nominations

Banned
    Don't blame the artists. They are forced to sing it.

http://now.msn.com/kesha-says-she-wa...e-young-lyrics

We understand Ke$ha was put in a bad spot that wasn’t of her making, but it’s hard to swallow her claim that she was forced to sing lyrics for an unfortunately titled song on which she has a co-writing credit. The pop star had her most recent hit, “Die Young,” pulled from the playlists from scores of radio stations following the killings in Newtown, Conn. On Tuesday night, the singer tweeted (since deleted) that she “did NOT want to sing those lyrics” and that she was “FORCED TO” sing them. In another tweet, she added that “I understand why my song is now inappropriate."
    http://www.tmz.com/2012/12/18/kesha-...hool-massacre/

Ke$ha has just -- shockingly -- come out and said she never wanted to sing the controversial lyrics in "Die Young" -- even though she's listed as one of the writers of the song.

TMZ broke the story ... Ke$ha's hit song has been yanked from a huge number of radio playlists since the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre.

Ke$ha just tweeted, she understands why her song is now inappropriate, adding, "I had my very own issues with "die young" for this reason. I did NOT want to sing those lyrics and I was FORCED TO."

The lyrics include this: "Let's make the most of the night like we're gonna die young. We're gonna die young. We're gonna die young."

A bunch of people lashed out at Ke$ha on Twitter, slamming her for the song in the wake of the tragedy.

Ke$ha is listed as a co-writer of "Die Young," along with Dr. Luke and others. She does not explain why she was forced to sing those lyrics.

She had her own reasons, yet she released the song anyway. It's only a song. There's a song called "Date Rape" by Sublime, but that doesn't mean I go dropping roofies into people's drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Adzm00 View Post
    You should be taken out and shot for choosing Kaskade over The Chemical Brothers.

I mean really, get a grip.
    I'm not agreeing or disagreeing, but have you even listened to Fire & Ice? I wasn't blown away over it in particular but he did some really cool stuff with it, particularly the Ice CD. It was more creative than most albums being put out now.

I don't blame Ke$ha for singing the lyrics but do blame her for showing bad judgment/moral character when it comes to this issue of trying to distance herself from the song.

To me the lyrics sound a little like the mantra of a lot of "livin large" types I've known. It says you shouldn't waste your time here on earth and instead live each day like it's your last... like you're gonna die young. It is similar to saying, "We work hard, and play hard." Maybe that's not what she meant, but that's what it sounded like to me.

Tik Tok was more reprehensible IMHO, glamorizing underage drinking and an irresponsible and disrespectful lifestyle -- and seriously, I don't really have issues with that song much. When I say "more reprehensible" I mean it relative to Die Young.

Many have pointed out Ke$ha shared writing credits on Die Young, but you have to remember that doesn't mean she shared in the writing of the lyrics. Elton John and Bernie Taupin shared credits on most well-known Elton John songs, but Bernie was always the lyrics man, and Elton the instrumental part. Taupin writes the lyrics and John puts them to music. So a similar arrangement could be had on this song. And there MAY have been pressure large or small for her to perform the song with the lyrics as is. But she waited until she was under fire from, in my opinion, misplaced criticism, to come out and yell foul about singing the lyrics.

If she was to weak to stand up for what she felt was wrong before recording and performing this song, and only found the "strength" to speak out now that she's getting a ton of criticism, that's just weak.

A think a slightly less likely scenario is, she really didn't have a problem with the song until she was criticized for it, and then, took the weasel way out and blamed some unknown other person for having pressured her just to deflect from herself.

Either way, I think the people she works with pointed out to her, the implications of her trying to shed responsibility onto others causing her to retreat somewhat.

All that said, if her career suffers as a result of this, I think it will because the producers and labels are pissed at her for this stunt vs. the general public shunning her product.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elon_Musk
    Failure is an option here. If things are not failing, you are not innovating enough.

You should be taken out and shot for choosing Kaskade over The Chemical Brothers.

:screwy::what:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    "Got Dusty Fingers From Diggin In The Crates"

Member Since 2005 B.C (Mayan Calendar)

Quote Originally Posted by Sween View Post
    Although I did get tired of the song I have to disagree whole heartedly... The song is ingeniously put together from simple elements and not overdone. It really is (in my opinion) an excellent piece of art. Too bad it got overplayed... because it really was THAT good in my opinion. Gotye deserves to win as much as he possibly can.

And then there's Call Me Maybe, which represents all that is wrong with pop music...
    I don't know, maybe I'm just weird. I feel like I have a pretty good ear for music that's going to get popular, but I never saw that one coming. I really don't see what was so ingenious about it. I didn't even find it catchy or even pleasant to listen to.

And then it hit mainstream radio. lol.

Wow its so good to see these nominated:

Food & Liquor II: The Great American Rap Album, Pt. 1 - Lupe Fiasco
    Life Is Good - Nas
    Undun - The Roots

and LOL

Honestly I'm not surprised the OP would pick Kaskade over them.
    Last edited by The Blackest; 12-27-2012 at 05:34 AM.

I agree.

Whenever i listen to radio its a pretty sick alternative radio station. 102.1 the edge in toronto. They were playing somebody that i used to know way before any of the mainstream stations and i really liked it. I remember showing it to one of my friends and he said it was shit and i bet him 5 bucks it would be mainstream by the start of the summer. Being right felt real good.