Thread: Behringer B1500D-PRO Eurolive Powered

Behringer B1500D-PRO Eurolive Powered

Hi,

Right now I have two Yorkville NX750s and a Yorkville LS200 sub and I want to replace the sub

- I am thinking of getting the Yorkville NX720 sub because they say they are designed to go with the 750s. BUT, the 720 is over 1000.oo bucks here in Canada and its really heavy

I'm thinking of this, its half the price and a lot lighter and has 1500 Watts instead of 720 ...

Behringer B1500D-PRO Eurolive Powered

Would anyone recoomend these Behringer subs??

Thanks, Karma

I'll take that as a "no" LOL

Completely different class of sub. The Behringer is very entry-level focused. I'd save up and get the matching sub. Its a very well known and respected model too.

the 720 will out do that berhinger all day. Its not that heavy.

I know people who got that sub, they had two mackie SRM 450s. They then found they needed more, they got 2 QSC k12s, after that the sub didnt suffice gigs, they bought one more, and it was okay but not at the level the QSCs pushed at, they made it 3 of those subs and just got to a pretty good balance. This makes it kinda obvious that trying to cut corners with an imporant part of your work 1/3 of the sound will come with some negatives 1: sound not as good 2: more total objects(subs) to carry and setup, all for some money that could be made in a couple gigs. I think a few gigs you could rent or borrow, buy another york 720, or sell it and buy a pair of QSC KW181(if weight is an issue). I would go with two york 720s or upgrade to the 801s, no use in frankestein equipment if the performance and price path is similar.
    Need an amazing Video DJ that can Handle Indian and American, let's work together!

Quote Originally Posted by Karma180 View Post
    Hi,

Right now I have two Yorkville NX750s and a Yorkville LS200 sub and I want to replace the sub

- I am thinking of getting the Yorkville NX720 sub because they say they are designed to go with the 750s. BUT, the 720 is over 1000.oo bucks here in Canada and its really heavy

Thanks, Karma
    If you've actually got a single little 200P trying to keep up with a pair of high output cabs like the 750Ps, I don't blame you for wanting more sub. To be honest, even a single 720P will have trouble hanging with the 750Ps at higher levels. The 720P is designed to match almost perfectly 1/1 to the NX55Ps - so a pair of 55P with a pair of 720P would be a nicely matching system. (you could match a pair of 720Ps with a pair of 750Ps too) Personally, I only have a single 720P that I use with any of my active tops (see sig) and it hangs in there OK for the types of gigs I do (smaller anniversary/wedding and old folk gigs), but I usually run it corner/wall loaded for maximum SPL for any occasion where I have more than 100 people.

If you are able to lift/move/haul it, a single Yorkville LS801P would be ideal to run with your NX750Ps. When using a sub or subs with higher output than your 200P, you would want to activate the 100hz HP on your NX750Ps since they will no longer need to be producing the deeper frequencies. Mind you, at that point you will probably wish you had smaller tops, since the NX750Ps' low frequency capabilities are no longer being used... The 750Ps are the kind of tops you buy when you want a single cabinet solution that will sound full for small or medium gigs and you don't plan to buy a sub. When you are using a good sub (or subs) to handle the deeper frequencies, smaller tops (8s, 10s or 12s) make much more sense.

Anyway, for your current situation, you would need a pair of 720Ps or of the Behringer (which likely has similar output capability as the 720P IMO) to keep up with your high passed 750Ps. A single one of either will certainly be better than your current single 200P though...

Al - Party-Time! DJ Services
    Last edited by Al Poulin; 12-02-2012 at 04:42 PM.
    Yamaha DXR15s - KX Audio (KV2) KX12s - RCF Art 310As - Yamaha DXR8s - Yamaha DXS12 subs (X2) - Wharfedale Titan 12A - Yamaha MG12/4 - Yorkville PGM8 - Peavey PV10 - Shure cordless - Stanton CD player - Sony Minidisc decks - LED lights - AMDJ dual SD player

I haven't listened to the Behringer but I would be hesitant to buy one. What you'll usually find is that people who own them rave about them. People who own higher end gear dis them. As someone who's run a variety of other subs ranging from Harbinger to JBL SRX, I can tell you that the difference in quality between the low priced fare and the stuff priced 2x or more higher is considerable and well worth the extra money.

Almost always one of the hits you take with the lower priced subs is output. You can get 6db more SPL if you add a 2nd sub, couple it with the first by placing it directly next to it, and have the same amount of power on both (e.g. if you have a powered sub you would have 2x the power by adding the 2nd sub, as opposed to buying a 2nd passive cab and running the pair off the same amp output you used for your single sub which isn't recommended anyway) In order to get what is perceived as 2x the loudness, one needs to get 10db increase in SPL. In order to achieve the same increase by adding additional cabs, one needs to add 2 more subs and then 4 more for the next such increase and so on. If you sit down with a calculator, you'll find it is more economical to buy high output subs from the beginning if you can.

I'm not familiar with those tops, but from what Al said, and he does know his Yorkville speakers, I'm guessing you want a very powerful sub to go with them. As mentioned the Yorkville sub of choice for this purpose is usually the LS801P which is a BEAST. IIRC, it comes in at around 150 lbs. which is not much less than my SRX728S at 167 lbs and I can tell you that is very awkward to move around even in great circumstances. If you think the LS720P is heavy you don't even want to consider a LS801P. A JBL PRX618S-XLF weighs less and puts out a lot of low end bass. The QSC KW181 is smaller and probably puts out just a tad less, but it is still very powerful and great sounding re: musicality. The size, weight, power and sound quality are why I am going to replace my SRX728S with a pair of KW181.

There's at least one other sub to look at that I would consider. I'll stop short of recommending it as of yet, because I haven't seen enough feedback yet. That's the Yamaha DSR118W. On paper it looks pretty good and Al has returned a positive review on a couple of the Yamaha tops from the DXR line which is a step below the DSR line.

A general guideline for what you need... look for something with output in the 130's (db) and keep in mind the flakier the company the more likely you'll get inflated specs all around. Also, consider whether your tops have a low pass output to send to a sub, adjustable high pass filter (hpf) for use with a sub, fixed hpf, unfiltered pass throughs, etc. Find out specifically what they are capable of sending to the sub and what specifically happens to their own frequency range when used with a sub. Then look at the subs you're considering and see if you can use them without an external crossover. Basically what you're looking for is the ability to create a crossover between the cabs. Ideally, each active cabinet, top or sub, would have the ability to adjust the cabinet's internal crossover point and apply that to the throughput outputs, and be switchable so you're either providing that output to another similar cabinet, or the other side of the crossover (sub to top, or top to sub). But all that costs money and manufacturers like to keep you using their stuff so they design them usually to work with their own line with minimal processing meaning often that is the best options... buying from the same manufacturer.

Hope all that helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elon_Musk
    Failure is an option here. If things are not failing, you are not innovating enough.