Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fog machine not working?

Fog machine not working?

I have a 400W fog machine by Stage Ape that is not working.

Before the show I tested it out in the room so I could tell where the fog would blow and I just left it on untill the show came on (45 minutes) during the show the fogger didn't work and I noticed that it was really hot.

I had left it on in my house for longer times and it always worked so I'm not sure what the problem is.

It turns on and I notice after a few mintues it makes the little clic it usually makes before it will start fogging. When I press the button on the remote nothing happens.

Does anyone know anything about this?

Thanks

Sorry, it's a cheap and now defective machine. Does it have a warranty?
    BillESC
    Lighting, Sound & Video since 1973
    804-435-6858 [email][bill@entsyscorp.com]

Quote Originally Posted by BillESC View Post
    Sorry, it's a cheap and now defective machine. Does it have a warranty?
    I would get a refund lower than the retail price and I have to pay for shipping to Texas. Or they will send me another one If I ship them mine.

Those 400w machines will last if you leave distilled water in it when not in use. Turn it on and let the distilled water to run thru the system and then it can
    be 'moth balled' until you need to use it again. Fog juice gets sticky when left dormant. I have lost 3 or 4 because of that. I got lazy. So just because its
    cheap doesnt mean anything. BTW--the 400w foggers go for $29 with a quart of juice here in Calif. may not be worth shipping it out. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by fatcatdj View Post
    Those 400w machines will last if you leave distilled water in it when not in use. Turn it on and let the distilled water to run thru the system and then it can
    be 'moth balled' until you need to use it again. Fog juice gets sticky when left dormant. I have lost 3 or 4 because of that. I got lazy. So just because its
    cheap doesnt mean anything. BTW--the 400w foggers go for $29 with a quart of juice here in Calif. may not be worth shipping it out. Good luck
    Thanks for info. Does it have to do the same operation as it does when it fogs with the water in it? or does it just have to sit in the tank?

I don't think it's anything to do with being cheap. Unless it's something that happened while "taking good care of it". It does sound like it's clogged with that fluid. How long has it been unused for? In my manuals. It says to "fog" using straight distilled water before storage.

Quote Originally Posted by hsklive View Post
    Thanks for info. Does it have to do the same operation as it does when it fogs with the water in it? or does it just have to sit in the tank?
    unfortunately it sounds like the system is already clogged up on your fogger so the distilled water is not going to do jack shit. you may left juice in it too long.

Always think of fog juice as a 275 lb fat ass's blood filled with fatty and sugar cells. Its ready to clog arteries or even cause a stroke. Distilled water is like blood thinner.

Quote Originally Posted by fueledbymusic View Post
    I don't think it's anything to do with being cheap. Unless it's something that happened while "taking good care of it". It does sound like it's clogged with that fluid. How long has it been unused for? In my manuals. It says to "fog" using straight distilled water before storage.

I have only had it for 4 days and I had used it at least once a day until day of the show. Like I said it worked when I tested it out before the show. do you think the pump is bad?

Quote Originally Posted by hsklive View Post
    I have only had it for 4 days and I had used it at least once a day until day of the show. Like I said it worked when I tested it out before the show. do you think the pump is bad?
    Really? For 4 days only. Well it sounds like a defect to me. If nothing happens when using that remote? Possible the remote is bad? Is there a button on the machine itself to "dispense" fog?

Quote Originally Posted by fueledbymusic View Post
    Really? For 4 days only. Well it sounds like a defect to me. If nothing happens when using that remote? Possible the remote is bad? Is there a button on the machine itself to "dispense" fog?
    Yes only 4 days. There is no button on machine so the only way to make it go off is the remote which is silly. The light on the remote lights up when I press the button, but no responce.

I flushed it out with the distilled water, which pushed the fog fluid through causing a lot of fog. Still nothing when I turn it on. it just gets hot.