Thread: Hello from Scotland!

Hello from Scotland!

So i have been on here a while now and this is me just getting round to doing one of these!

Ok,

My name is Danny and i'm a 22y/o male from Scotland. Originally from Glasgow i moved up to Aberdeen in Feb'12 to start a new job and moved outta the folks home etc etc!

I'm a Electrical/Electronic Test Technician for a Subsea Company called Aker Solutions, and by night i'm a superstar world conquering Dj.....(in my livingroom )

As for the Dj'ing side of things....

I've always been passionate about music ever since i was a little kid. It's cliche'd but in this case it can't be more true. From the first thing in the morning when i wake up to the moment i close my eyes i'm listening or thinking about music, making music, playing music etc etc.

I only recently started properly learning a month or 2 ago after saving up money for like 2 years to buy the things i wanted to learn on ( CDJ900's & DJM700 ) along with a Macbook as i'm an Apple fanboi ( tbh i just like the cool glowy apple logo ) and Rekordbox.

I feel i'm getting there with mixing and the basics are pretty much nailed down ( most of the time ) more practice for consistency is needed and i need to verse myself on how to get the most out of my effects and looping etc as atm i don't use them as much or to their fullest potential.

I love getting feedback on my mixes, especially bad feedback from people with more experience than I as you learn more from negativity than by thinking your awesome when truth is your probably not!

I love listening to all differant genres or music be it - Trance / Electro / House / Prog / Top 40 / Hip - Hop / Rap / Classical / etc etc pretty much anything dependant on the mood i'm in that day.

Looking to the future, i want to be playing in a club by the end of 2013. Thats my goal. I want to share the music that i'm passionate about and take people on a journey where at the end of the night they feel as if they've been somewhere and emotionally felt a connection with the music played. ( Chances are most people will be too drunk to give a flying duck whats been played )

I also want to step into production in 2013 as i have loads of ideas just now in my head for Mash-Ups / Remixes and tracks of my own. However i want to nail down the *Dj'ing* aspect first before moving on.

Ultimately I wanna play in Miami or Ibiza, a boys gotta have a dream huh? Chances of that happening ? Minimal. However i'm willing to give everything i can to atleast be able to look back and say yeah i tried, i gave it everything i had!

Anyways im rambling now so catch y'all on the forums!

Kids, stay safe. Wear a jacket.

Welcome
    1) Contract, Contract, Contract!

2) Join VIP & support DJF: http://www.djforums.com/forums/payments.php

Welcome to DJ Forums Danny!!

Have some Welcome +Rep!
    - Synaxis || DJ Archer

"Common sense is not quite so common..." -Voltaire

Thank you guys