Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: $1000 budget for new lights. What would you recommend?

Further than that, this guy identified himself as a mobile DJ. For us out in the field lights are a necessary investment if we want to keep working. The ROI line of thinking is not even applicable.

It really depends on your market. In my particular area, there has been no uplighting done at weddings to date. I will however get paid well to hang and electrify Chinese lanterns in tents.

I have clients that have spent thousands of dollars with me to purchase fixtures for uplighting but their markets are else where, not here.
    BillESC
    Lighting, Sound & Video since 1973
    804-435-6858 [email][bill@entsyscorp.com]

I invested about $1500 in my light set up. This makes a good set up for mobile. 4 ledsplash 86b, 2 colorstrip minis, 2 ADJ mushrooms, ADJ colorburst 8, LX10 moonflower, Vue 4.1 moonflower, truss, Obey 40, chauvet 9500 light switch sys, and a couple lasers. But with the lasers, I'm limiting the use of the lasers though. Having a number of different types of lights is good to have. That way I don't need to have that same one on all night, since it can get boring. For example, I turn on the mushrooms for a few minutes, turn them off and turn on the Ledsplash 86b par cans, use the show I programmed on the Obey 40 for a few minutes. Turn off the pars, then turn the mushrooms on again for a few minutes. (The 9500 timer system will work for this too)
    Last edited by fueledbymusic; 11-26-2012 at 09:38 PM.