Page 1 of 43 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Studio Saturday (& Sunday, & and anyday of the week actually)

Studio Saturday (& Sunday, & and anyday of the week actually)

Workin on some uplifting prog stuff today. It's the weekend, what better time to use your freedom than to work on your music. If you're loungin around on the weekend (or anytime through the week) and thinkin, 'Ehhhhh do I feel like it...'

Yes. Yes you do.

Plop yourself down and get to work!

Post your updates and progress in hurr. Let's use this as a collective inspiration thread to kick each other in the behinds to get our writing on

Ok, well updates:

With a remix released last week and just signing for an EP, the production side of things has been great lately. So with that said, here's my updates on EP. I'll give them in footnotes:

- I have to set a "due date" for this EP and sign this contract and get it off to Ravesta Records soon. Since I'm nearly about 50% done with one of the tracks, and starting to work on another (3 track EP) I feel I'm well on my way. Also, I have to have a name sorted out for the EP by then, and this is proving to be tricky. Shame I have to sign the contract with the name since I don't believe the tracks really speak to you till near the end.

- Current first track has a few NI Massive track lines running, and I have a full Drum kit sorted out with a Breakbeat structure. Also, VOX is sorted and set, and I've teased it in before droping the chunky synth/basslines for a little bit of play before the first Break. Instances of Ohmicide are also running on some of the Massive lines, giving a dirty and gritty feeling.

- I'm currently absolutely enjoying what I have up till the break, which is where I'm currently working on. Juggling between the original VOX I was teasing and an additional vox that continues the full "phrase" I'm creating. If you're curious, I can say they are male vocal, one singing "I'm all mixed up!" and then after/during the break I introduce the other vocal, same male, different line saying "Memories will fade away.." (hard to describe in words really)

- Mental note, Native Instruments "Massive" VST is one of the most enjoyable I've worked with. The amount of things you can do is unfathomable! I've been using this in my last few tracks and it really brings quality synth / basslines to the track (for me, this is mostly what I use it for.)

- Very happy with a "snappy" snare I have going on in here. I combine about 5 snare wavs, moving / chopping / EQing them all individually how I want them to set, then run them together to make one great, fat snare. I then throw a certain amount of reverb with a certain structure of settings on it for a larger more profound snare hit.

- Never have an issue with a bass kick now-a-days. Always hard hitting and crisp sounding. I also layer multiple bass kicks (2-4 usually) and do the same type of thing as with the snare on this. Also, for snare and kick compression are KEY! Just remember never to over compress!

That's that for now.. I guess I'll drop any other "notes" along the way here. Cheers

I finished this on Live 9 beta

how do you embed soundcloud?
    Last edited by login; 11-17-2012 at 08:53 PM.
    "The dedication to repetition — the search for nirvana in a single held tone or an endlessly cycling rhythm — is one of electronic music's noblest gestures."

Good stuff kris. And login ill have to check the track when I'm back from getting coffee how you liking ableton 9 beta btw? Any significant changes in workflow you notice?

As for me, I've been attempting a different sound than I usually go for. 5 hours later, not only does it sound the same, but I feel it's worse than usual third time this week i wantto punch a song in the face hopefully this effort will pay off at some point...

Sorry to hear ... inspiration and bringing it to fruition surely are 2 different beasts.

Quote Originally Posted by login View Post

http://soundcloud.com/rod_zero/lila-...ouch-with-toys

[ soundcloud ](put the link here)[ /soundcloud ]

^ No spaces when you actually do it^

The same works for mixcloud, just replace soundcloud with mixcloud.

Quote Originally Posted by login View Post

really enjoyed this

i actually put some finishing touches on a song i've been working on for months this weekend. felt really good to finally finish something again.

also frees up my creative juices to start working on the trance tune that I've also been toying with. hopefully i get back to making one track a month instead of 2 half tracks every 6 months.
    Live on Faderwave.com 600 to 800 pm Thursdays!
    Original Drum and Bass on Soundcloud --- Mixcloud Drum and Bass, House, Trance and More

what ive been working on most recently! anyone know how i can get the weird sound off the bass around 2:30? Tried all the effects and things I have on but doesnt cut it you got got a clue?

@login - really nice track especially around 7:50, amaagadd

-M
    Last edited by montgomery; 11-18-2012 at 05:46 PM.

felt a little productive this morning & started sketching out a track too: