Thread: New DJ App

New DJ App

I am working on starting a company that helps performers create interactive and engaging performances for their audiences. audius.co allows performers and venues to create a unique, engaging audio/visual experience for their audience. Using the Audius application, the users will be able to immerse themselves in a choreographed interactive presentation that will increase audience participation and create an electrified crowd for the performer.

If you could provide any feedback that would be great!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...hQclE6MQ#gid=0

Would need more info on that app and what it would control before I can answer any of those questions.

I can think of MAX/MSP and Serato live video that do this already, milkdrop for winamp and to some extent DJ hero. Won't give feedback on products that I cannot see or try out. Besides,

Oops! Google Chrome could not find audius.co
    Did you mean: audiusa.*com

An app? Well what exactly would the app be interacting with? Each venue is different, the app would have to correspond with specific lights, installations etc. to make this happen. It depends on how you plan to use visuals, lights, etc. or if you are talking about something that is only an app and that is it....

A company, however, could invest in some high end visuals which accomplish the kind of things you are talking about, "choreographed interactive presentation" and so on...

I would say incorporate some of this with your visuals:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1YNy...eature=related

and some of this too

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2011/...nd-crazy-math/

dont forget some tupac holograms
    instant success

The idea is that the artist would be able to sync up an audio and visual show that would sync directly to the audius.co application on your audiences phone. The artist would be able to create this show and choreograph it with their show.

Just imagine that during your show that you have the ability to make sure everyone is using their phones to engage the music rather than text or take away from your show. You can choreograph what comes out of the application so that it is perfectly timed from the intro to climax of your show. Although the app is currently in its infancy stage, I am trying to get feedback from the artists to see if the idea sounds good and what I could add to improve this concept.

sounds like a good idea for people crammed into their phones at the club, instead of socializing... :| sad but true that no matter where you go these days, there are people who never get outta thier phones, even clubs...

i would suggest making it a 2 way type service, with club location features, to share your location with others inside the club aswell as which clubs your at, possibly a flirt feature, something like a status update for flirting... ie: "single blond at the bar, looking for some fun"

an ability to give feedback immediatly on the dj/vj performance, something kindof like our rep feature here...

link to vid of the user, so phones with the screenside camera for vid chat can send vid of the user grooving, and the dj can use that vid in the live vid mix... (people get off on seeing themselves on big screens)

possibly a live tracklist feature, something where the dj sends out what song is currently playing and were able to give feedback immediatly on the toon....

an interesting idea def and a neat concept.

Raising this from the dead - he went through with it. Seems to be gaining traction.

https://audius.co/