Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Damaged technics 1210

Absolutely! Grab it! If you were in the NYC / NJ area, I'd recommend you a good Technics repair guy, but you're in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by mavericckk.. View Post
    replacing the tone arm and calibrating it correctly is not an easy job..am i wrong?
    If you replace the entire tonearm mechanism, it will already be factory calibrated. All you need to do is install it, which involves some intermediate soldering skills. There are tons of video tutorials all over the interwebs. I've done it 20+ times. The first time I did it, was the first time I ever soldered anything, and it was a success.

As long as the tonearm you get has it already mounted in the pivot mount your golden. Just open the table up, desolder the wires from the old arm and under the pair of screws holding the pivot mount to the base and off it comes. feed the wires threw the hole, screw new arm back in and solder the wires in properly. I take a picture so i have a reference on how they go back on, Technics used 3 or 4 different Circuit boards so the wiring doesn't always mean its the same.

Still a fairly easy fix and totally worth it!

Yeah thats what i was thinking, i thought it was too good to be true, he is sending me a picture then i will go and collect it, im not telling any of you where it is tho hahaha