Thread: Yo man

Yo man

Greetings. My name is Ernie and I have been dj'ing mobile since the dawn of time in California.
    During 2003-2012 I lost interest in the business. I actually was burnt out because
    I had a side job working a bowling alley and bar dj. Then I added karaoke to my
    mobile business and that made it worse.

Listening to drunk and sober patrons belting out horrible renditions of classic
    rock and R&B tunes really made me sick. Also my mics stunk after each gig.
    Also the drunks broke 2 wireless HH's and a couple wired mics as well.

Why am I back? Well my day job (not dj'ing) are talking about layoffs and of
    course being on unemployment sucks so I started doing weddings and parties
    again. Also I ramped up my light show, sold my old school lights on ebay (which
    were in xlnt shape) I felt 2012 needs more pizzazz and the old school lights
    didn't have it although 300w bulbs are helluva brighter than LED.

Anyways keeping my fingers crossed that I don't get laid off, but now slightly
    excited I'm starting back on the mobile dj work. I sure do not like transporting
    equipment though, thats' the thing I hate the most about mobile work.
    Well...next to lousy karaoke singers and playing Gangreen Style a zillion times.

Welcome to the forum!! Sounds like you have paid your dues brother. I am new here too and I was a DJ back in the pirate radio days. Now I am a online radio consultant and co-founder of Wohooo Networks, a one-stop-shop for creating a online radio. I am legal now and going to launch a new online radio that will only play mixes submitted by DJ's. If you got a mix or would like to host your own show, then submit a MP3 file to sales@wohooo.net. We will play it on our beta station www.wohooo.org until the radio launches. If your mix is good, then we will put it in heavy rotation in the launched radio in the future. I hope your day job pays well and you get to keep it. But remember every thing is what you make of it. For me it is online radio, I know it is the future and a lot of my clients are making good money from it. Glad you are here now and will see you around.

Ah welcome to the forums mate. Hopefully you won't get laid off but still restart your DJing career

Welcome to DJ Forums Ernie!!

Have some welcome +Rep!!
    - Synaxis || DJ Archer

"Common sense is not quite so common..." -Voltaire

~Welcome to the Dj Forums!~

Welcome!

Thanks for the warm welcome....I'd like also to add:

I don't want to play Gang green Style anymore and if I have to hear YMCA or Dancing Queen one more time
    I will run in front of a moving bus. Also if I attend a wedding as a guest and see the dj wearing a black vest and bow tie
    getting the crowd to dance to the Macarena, YMCA or the Chicken Dance, I may end up in jail that night on assault charges
    using headphones as a deadly weapon.