Thread: Beginner Chirstmas Equipment

Beginner Chirstmas Equipment

Hey guys, this is my first post on the forum so bare with me.

I've been looking into becoming a DJ for a long time, and now is my chance to start. I am 14 years old, and I love nothing more than music.

Two big events are coming up- my birthday is December 8 (turning 15), and Christmas comes right after. I want to ask for DJ equipment for both of these occasions, but I'm kind of stuck. I don't know what equipment is necessary and what I should ask for as my first DJ equipment. What should I ask my family for?

Do you have a budget?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Since I can't ask too much for these occasions, probably around $500

Do you have a computer already?

lol "cant ask for TOO much" $500 o.O

i wish i grew up with so little lol

You can buy a controller for about $500 (plus tax). That will at least get you started working from CDs.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc S View Post
    lol "cant ask for TOO much" $500 o.O

i wish i grew up with so little lol
    That's not too obnoxious...Remember this is birthday & X-mas all in one. So it would be like a kid getting a play station on their birthday and a really nice bike for x-mas.

Anyways...if you already have a computer that you can use, I would look into a Denon MC-2000 controller. It comes with Serato DJ Intro and can control all of the other major software programs out there as well and its only about $350. I would then invest in a pair of quality headphones something in the $75 - 150 range. That way you can practice in your headphones without aggravating your parents too much. Throw in a decent set of computer speakers with a sub and some music and you are good to go.

There are other decent controllers out there for about $300 including the Pioneer We-Go (looks kind of toyish), Reloop Jockey II, and a few models from Vestax, and Behringer has their CMD line that they should be introducing soon.

Now...Go Forth And Mix