Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moving Head LED wash fixture Recomendation

Talking Moving Head LED wash fixture Recomendation

Hi There,

I am looking to upgrade my MArtin MiniMACs to some new LED wash Moving Head fixtures. I need a fixture that will be able to deal with medium sized rooms: up to 150 people and also the ability to work on small band rigs and in small performing arts spaces. I have an ideal budget of £500 p/pair but could reach to £700 p/pair if it had desirable features. I am currently very keen on the American Dj Inno Colour Beam 12 and was just wondering what hallogen lamp it is equivalent to. Would the standard Inno Color Beam be worth the extra cash?

I am more than happy to consider any recommendations but I would like to stick to reliable manufacturers.

Thanks,

Tim

Chauvet Q-Spot LED series or Blizzard Torrent. Amazing bang-for-buck heads for DJs and the average live shows. For touring I'd go with Martin, but in this price range its hard to beat.

Quote Originally Posted by DJzrule View Post
    Chauvet Q-Spot LED series or Blizzard Torrent. Amazing bang-for-buck heads for DJs and the average live shows. For touring I'd go with Martin, but in this price range its hard to beat.
    He is looking for Washes, not Spots...

Arnoldo Offermann on here has the Original Inno Beams and is very fond of them.

I believe those, or the Blizzard Ice Tri Wash would be the best for your money.
    - Synaxis || DJ Archer

"Common sense is not quite so common..." -Voltaire

I have the Blizzard Ice Tri's and I freaking love them. 2 will light up most large venues, add 2 of any other small wash fixture for fill on the outsides and you're set. I work with Arnoldo and the Inno's are pretty awesome but the Tri's are more of a wash and the Inno's are a beam, still wash, just not as much.

Microh LED Phantom
    Martin Mac 301
    Elation Impression
    Blizzard flurry wash

The Martin 301's are out of budget. For the money, there are better fixtures than the 101s. Blizzard's wash's are ok, but you should really give a hard look at the Chauvet Legend 412s. RGBW, Pixel mapping, fast, light- everything you want from a small wash fixture. I own several- they are well built, and come in at the right price point. A little less than a Martin 101 with way more features. Small moving washes were actually one of the easiest lighting purchases I've made- and I've been very happy with my decision. MAP on the 412 is $999.99 US- you can do better than that. If you want to go to the next price point down, I'd recommend the Blizzard units.
    Nick Pignetti
    EVENT PRODUCTION: web | e-mail
    EQUIPMENT SALES: edjstore e-mail

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_EventPro View Post
    The Martin 301's are out of budget...you should really give a hard look at the Chauvet Legend 412s.
    Except the Chauvet 412's are also out of his budget. He has up to £700 per pair and they are nearly £1,000 each.
    Last Night A BJ Choked My Wife - What did she expect, I was Indeep.

Just for further information for those of you on the other side of the pond - the original poster is from the UK. Blizzard don't seem to have distributors over here, so there's no point in recommending Blizzard products to UK-based members.

I hope Blizzard get their act together and start selling products to the UK market. Their products look amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by MouseAT View Post
    Just for further information for those of you on the other side of the pond - the original poster is from the UK. Blizzard don't seem to have distributors over here, so there's no point in recommending Blizzard products to UK-based members.

I hope Blizzard get their act together and start selling products to the UK market. Their products look amazing.
    Blizzard is still a relatively new company, around three years old, and their presence here in the US is still not on par with companies that have been around longer, such as Chauvet and ADJ. So while I'm sure they would like to expand, it's not as easy as you think...
    - Synaxis || DJ Archer

"Common sense is not quite so common..." -Voltaire

Yeah, I know they're relative newcomers to the scene. I'm pretty sure they'll have massive success if they start selling their products over here, as they look amazing, and they really seem to be making the effort to get the product right the first time, as opposed to many of the other manufacturers who always seem to be close, but not quite there yet.

I see so many threads where someone is asking for advice on a certain style of lighting, and see people jumping in going "buy Blizzard, buy Blizzard, their product X is amazing!". I'll look at the specs of product X, and go "wow, that IS amazing, if only we could get it here!".

It's just something to bear in mind when dealing with those of us on the other side of the Atlantic. We'd love to buy Blizzard's products, but right now we can't, so we need other alternatives. Stop making us so jealous, damn it!