Thread: Need mixer for cdj 850s

Need mixer for cdj 850s

Hi all, I am returning to djing after a rekindled interest in music: dubstep, trap beats, freakstep, hip hop mixture styles with uelectronic type beats etc. ill be using cdj850s (used to use techs with nuo3) and need advice for a good mixer. i want to scratch some too. max 800$. thanks in advance

Since you're out of luck when it comes to DJ link, it may not be in your interest to get a 900.

Just so I can help you more, can you answer these questions:
    - Do you want effects on the mixer?
    - Do you prefer a particular brand?
    - Are you using software?
    Equipment: CDJ 2000 Nexus, DJM 900 Nexus, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro, AiAiAi TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition.

Hey, thanks for the reply, I don't quite understand the "DJ Link" part but I would like some effects, not all rediculous ones I wouldn't ever use but practical, and brandwise I'm about the quality of the product. I chose the Nuo3 over the DJM 400/600 back in the day but it was also due to how I was mixing. Software I will not be using at least for the near future.

A feature that comes with CDJ 900 and above is a feature called pro DJ link. What this does is allows you to connect a DJ link mixer with DJ link tables and they can share music to each player with an Ethernet cable while also having the benefit of quantized effects. Unfortunately, the CDJ 850s do not offer this feature.

Anyways, back to your question. You can find a used or refurbished DJM 800 for that price if you don't mind going pioneer again. If you want something different with outstanding quality, I would look for a used Xone92. Some people on here will recommend some Denon mixers however I do not know enough about them in order to give you a recommendation.
    Equipment: CDJ 2000 Nexus, DJM 900 Nexus, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro, AiAiAi TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition.

thanks, I've used a couple xone's in the past and I do like their effects. Ill check em out again

The DJM-600 was never a very good mixer, the DJM-400 is a "lower" model but newer generation.. it's actually a MUCH better mixer than the 600. It's still a good choice for you. The Pioneer 700 and 800 are both very good. The Nuo 3 you had was an excellent choice and would still be a great choice for you if you didn't want the effects. I use a Nuo 2 at home with CDJ-800's. The Xone:92 gives you a pair of filters, that's the only effect.. but if you're only going to have one, it's a good one

word, are the industry standards in most edm style clubs still the djm-800's?

Yea.. I think it's safe to say that the DJM-800 is the prevalent mixer right now. Pioneer has the DJM-850, 900, and 2000 which are all newer, but there are a ton of 800's out there and they are not going anywhere for a while. Also you'll find that the big new capabilities of the 900 involve networking to the decks which I think your CDJ-850's can't do. So, prob not worth the bux to go higher than the 800.

most clubs out there are still using the djm 800/900. Personally i love mine.. but i have been playying on the Rane 62 serato mixer a lot lately and really like it as well.

DJM 800 you can get em used for that price if you are lucky, Allen and Heath makes amazing stuff, I personally love my Rane 61.