Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brands: What to Stay Away From, What To Consider

Quote Originally Posted by ampnation View Post
    Some here may remember him -- the guy who claimed his uncle I believe was the President of Gemini and that Gemini speakers could smoke JBL SRX's. LOL
    They would smoke DJTeknovibe and his two SRX728's
    "If Bad Sound Were Fatal, Audio Would Be the Leading Cause of Death" - Don Davis (SynAudCon)

I see some brands in more than one list. I think for this to be helpful there needs to be some qualifier there to indicate which lines of the particular brand go where.

Quote Originally Posted by ksmalk08 View Post
    I will add Radioshack to avoid list unless there is objection.
    Most of what they sell (DJ equipment wise.) now a days is Chauvet lights.

http://www.radioshack.com/family/ind...goryId=4388385
    Brand
    CHAUVET (37)
    Fender (2)
    ION Audio (3)
    But the number of US Supreme Court judges was always 6.
    Then it was 5, then 6, then 7, then 9, then 10, then 7, and then 9.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ LEVLHED View Post
    I see some brands in more than one list. I think for this to be helpful there needs to be some qualifier there to indicate which lines of the particular brand go where.
    That would become quite a long list I think, and could introduce more subjectivity in terms of what specific line goes where. I would certainly do it though if thats what people want.

Any opinions on this?
    "If Bad Sound Were Fatal, Audio Would Be the Leading Cause of Death" - Don Davis (SynAudCon)

Yeah, I understand that it would bring more subjectivity into the equation. You wouldn't have to delineate each product line, just the main ones.
    The other option would be to put the brands into only one list? As it is now, someone who looks at this and sees JBL/etc in the High end tour, High level and Mid level could go buy the cheapest JBL thinking they bought Tour-Grade equipment.
    I would hope someone who does their homework could figure this out....but.....I've seen some really incompetent people in my days!

JBL has different lines which is most likely why it's displayed in three categories. You can never wrong with JBL products.
    http://clairglobal.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Brandt Slater View Post
    You can never wrong with JBL products.
    Guess you never heard the JRX or the EON series???
    If I had to play only for people who liked the music because they heard it on the radio, it wouldn't make me happy. -- David Guetta

Actually I have. They're not that bad depending on your application.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandt Slater View Post
    Actually I have. They're not that bad depending on your application.
    Eons on a pinch for something like speech applications or basic background music are bare minimum but the JRX is a whole other story.
    If I had to play only for people who liked the music because they heard it on the radio, it wouldn't make me happy. -- David Guetta

You can make a JRX sound pretty sweet with the correct amps and processing.

EON's were exactly designed for that application and for small bands and artists who regularly perform in coffee house, small clubs, street concerts and so on. However, I see them all over the place for DJ use including in the booth and get severely get overdriven to the point of distortion. It also depends which models you have. 12's, 15's.