Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oscar TG - Cascade (Ellissentials Remix) Now on Beatport.com

Oscar TG - Cascade (Ellissentials Remix) Now on Beatport.com

My newest remix for Oscar Tg is out on Beatport.com and other stores. Please head here and consider supporting me?

http://www.beatport.com/track/cascad...-remix/3886522

This is a Trancy Breaks type of track that I did as requested of me to be released on Red Robot Records. You can hear the original here

There's 13 instances of Native Instruments Massive running in this one. Can't say I'm a fan of the original, to be honest, but since I was asked to do a remix I figured "why not?" So I made something out of some of the midi information Oscar sent me.

Last edited by Ellissentials; 11-13-2012 at 05:04 PM.

Kris... Really like the break down and the bass/sub bass lines working in this track. Something about the closed snare sound in the intro (first 57 seconds) always draws my attention away from other more predominant and great parts of the track. Maybe its how it sits in the mix and or was intended to. Only other suggestion is a possible shuffle in the break beat intro, every 2/4 bars to spice it up a bit. Keep plugging away. Your production abilities far exceed mine.
    Traktor SP2 | Audio 10 DJ | DJM 800 Rotary | Kontrol S4 | 1200 M3D's | Shure M44G's | NI Kontrol X1 | KRK RP8's | Yamaha HS80M | Ableton Live 8 | M-Audio FW 410 | Akai MPK 61 | NI Maschine MKI

I'd cut out the first and last 2 minutes and move things along a little faster, then you'd have a great track.

^I think it's produced like that to be more DJ friendly. I like the track, but it's a little tech-y for me to use. What is it, 132bpm?

^I think it's produced like that to be more DJ friendly. I like the track, but it's a little tech-y for me to use. What is it, 132bpm?
    Thank you Jack for noticing the obvious. I've had a couple people mention the intro and outro, and personally I like a nice loooong intro and outro! Makes mixing in and out way more creative.

BPM: 132 Key: A

Yeah, it's nothing that I would mix personally, but I think it came out quite well overall.

@Scott: Thank you very much for also taking the time to listen and say something.

@DJ Nada: Thanks to you for listening as well.

+Rep to all of you

I know you need an intro and outro, but for me personally, 16 bars is all I need, 8 at the very least.

Props, well played

Also +1 on the intro length, very useful for mixing it.

Thanks for listening Manu.

Rep has been given up to this point. Any other listeners?