Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: EDM DJs Faking It, episode #582 - Flosstradamus

Quote Originally Posted by Finnish_Fox View Post
    A hip hop DJ can't play a pre-recorded set and mime to the music?
    Anything is possible but the only ones that seem to be getting caught are EDM DJ's. It seems like these guys are not DJ's but producers that do shows to make extra money. It also seems like EDM has run out of names for genres.
    Hewlett Packard the backbone of Apple data centers.
    I will not read anything in Comic sans

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown DJ View Post
    Anything is possible but the only ones that seem to be getting caught are EDM DJ's.
    Exactly. I'm not sure why hip-hop is even being brought into this. Defence mechanism from EDM heads I guess, but it's a fact that several big names in that scene have been caught miming, while I don't recall seeing a video of a big name hip-hop DJ or turntablist miming.

Sorry, wasn't trying to drag hip hop into it intentionally. Was a bit confused by that statement as it seems to me that "faking" is down to the person and not the genre being played.
    DJM-850 | Technics 1210 M5G x 2 | CDJ-900 x 2 | RCF 312A MKIII x 2 - Soundcloud
    1-v-1 Battle Record: 1-0 / 1-v-1-v-1 Battle Record: 0-1

There's people who fake it regardless of the genre, whether or not you like to believe it. It sucks.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
    2 x CDJ 850 | DJM 900nxs | Traktor Kontrol S4 | A&H Xone XD-53 headphones | Xone K2 | Traktor X1 | Traktor F1

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebr4nd View Post
    There's people who fake it regardless of the genre, whether or not you like to believe it. It sucks.
    It's just that we only have evidence of several big name EDM DJs doing it..... but yeah, I'm sure they're all as bad as each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    It's just that we only have evidence of several big name EDM DJs doing it..... but yeah, I'm sure they're all as bad as each other.
    I'l give you that... DJing really grew up with hip hop in a lot of ways, so in terms of big names, you probably don't see it happening. With that said, the big name EDM DJs that it do happen to are largely production focused, as Unknown mentioned.
    DJM-850 | Technics 1210 M5G x 2 | CDJ-900 x 2 | RCF 312A MKIII x 2 - Soundcloud
    1-v-1 Battle Record: 1-0 / 1-v-1-v-1 Battle Record: 0-1

Banned
    It's sad that the people that should be attacking this are trying to defend it. You're basically co-signing it when it's the genre you're into. Fuck that! If this was a hip-hop DJ miming I would say it was lame as fuck.

I really don't get why these clowns would bother faking their show. It would be the same ableton set each time so why not just press play in ableton and muck about with a few knobs on the apc instead of the sound guy pressing play on a CD and faking the whole mucking about with a few knobs on an APC?
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I doubt it's me man...

I think its funny how they got caught on video. lol. Epic Fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    It's sad that the people that should be attacking this are trying to defend it. You're basically co-signing it when it's the genre you're into. Fuck that! If this was a hip-hop DJ miming I would say it was lame as fuck.
    Exactly