Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SCS.4DJ vs CDJ vs Turntable

Double post
    Last edited by sriracha; 02-14-2012 at 07:23 PM.

So how exactly do you go about setting cue points, etc. on turntables. Please excuse my ignorance, I don't know much about turntables. I read this but I need some further clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by sriracha View Post
    So how exactly do you go about setting cue points, etc. on turntables. Please excuse my ignorance, I don't know much about turntables. I read this but I need some further clarification.
    With viynl??? You dont, well kinda of i suppose. If you look at a record you can see where the breakdowns are within the track, and you can put the needle there and cue it up by spinning the record till it reaches the desired point.

I would also recommend you getting the t62 over the t52. Also i've only heard good things about those denons, theres actually a pair for sale in the classfieds on this forum for like 400$ So either of those routes prob would be your best bet.

Also the cdj200's are garbage, just throwing it out there.

I think I may have worded my question incorrectly, sorry. Let's say you're using turntables with Traktor. Would you set cue points within the software (as you aren't using an actual vinyl record)? What about effects?

Quote Originally Posted by sriracha View Post
    I think I may have worded my question incorrectly, sorry. Let's say you're using turntables with Traktor. Would you set cue points within the software (as you aren't using an actual vinyl record)? What about effects?
    If you want cue points, then yes, you set them in the software. Or you could just needle drop like a normal record.

What about effects?

Quote Originally Posted by Rick_N View Post
    Also i've only heard good things about those denons, theres actually a pair for sale in the classfieds on this forum for like 400$ So either of those routes prob would be your best bet.

Also the cdj200's are garbage, just throwing it out there.
    And I have heard nothing but crap about the s1000, it all really doesn't matter. I know for a fact that I would take pioneer over denon and I am sure most would side with me on that. Pioneer has proved itself time and time again with its product quality. And what is so garbage about the cdj200. Can get then new for around $200 a piece, sure they are not packed with features but they get the job done and are very reliable. They also get the user used to how pioneer cdjs work, and pioneer cdjs is the club standard last I recall...

In the end it is not my money I am wasting so get whatever you would like.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew B View Post
    If you want cue points, then yes, you set them in the software. Or you could just needle drop like a normal record.

What about effects?
    I thought they came from the mixer but certain cdjs use them from individual decks/players. I'm assuming they would come from the software as well in this case, no?

I feel like an idiot asking all these simple questions.

Yeah, the software has some. Some mixers have them, and some CD players have them.

Some mixers have effects, some CD players have effects and software has effects too. I would not concern yourself with effects in the early stages anyway

Quote Originally Posted by S.Michael View Post
    Save up and get the turntable setup with serato, it will be worth it in the long run as it will force you to learn the basics and develop your DJ skills quicker than a controller/software combo.
    basic mixing skills can be learned on any equipment. scratching is a whole other story...
    jasoncerna.com | boogieburg | twitter @jasoncerna | instagram @jasoncerna