Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • VCI-100 Arcade

4 80.00%
  • Novation Twitch

1 20.00%

Thread: VCI-100 or Novation Twitch?!

Red face VCI-100 or Novation Twitch?!

i have the opportunity to get a novation twitch for $300 or i can get a vci-100 for $230 (mint and silver with 1.4 firmware) but ill still have to get an overlay $30 and the arcade button mod $50

so essentially they are pretty much the same price!

i have read either or and i hear complaints about both.

the VCI is the tried tru and tested piece of hardware but its coming to the end of its days.

now the twitch is fresh but i hear some complaints about the audio volume being low.... but i have a mixer for my turntables so thats not a problem.

what do you guys think?

vci-100 arcade or novation twitch?
    DJ Hero is my greatest inspiration EVER!! The DJ's that have influenced me the most over my career are DJ Pauly D, Deadmau5 and Skrillex
    2x technics 1200m3d w/ shure m447, serato sl1, vestax pmc 07 pro, b52 1000v2

When something is new to the market, the chances of it having bugs is higher than something that has been in the market for a few years. If you're going to gig with it, I would go with VCI-100 --It is stable, durable and tested, one of my personal favorite MIDI Controllers. I know nothing about Novation Twitch, therefore, my two cents only go this far.

I would go with the VCI-100, stable, well built, quality controller and something about now having some sort of jog wheel really bothers me, I don't know why but it just does. So, for that reason I would stay away from the Twitch. At the end of the day though, go with what works best for you.
    Music not only changes our mood, but it also changes the way we think and our perception of the world.

anyone on the forums played with both the novation twitch and vci 100?
    DJ Hero is my greatest inspiration EVER!! The DJ's that have influenced me the most over my career are DJ Pauly D, Deadmau5 and Skrillex

I have had a vci-100 for a couple years now, and it is very durable and provides many buttons that is open to a lot of customization. I've never used the twitch, but you cannot go wrong the vci.

bump for more opinions

bumppppppppp

I bought the Novation Twitch earlier this month since I wanted to retire my turntables from gigging every weekend at bars that weren't forgiving with my equipment. Cost was a major factor in my decision (I got my TWITCH for $450) and I definitely needed to use some version of Serato so all my crates and other good stuff would be the same.

The TWITCH is very convenient for smaller gigs, but I wouldn't want to use this as a main DJ controller. I also do subcontracting work for a music store and all the sales guys tell me I have been the only person who has even bought the TWITCH. It does take some getting used to.