Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: my mixes seem slow and boring if i dont get high..

Quote Originally Posted by Manu View Post
    I don't suffer from anxiety prior to and during gigs, done too many and know for a fact a crowd doesn't bite except if you play the wrong music.
    I do suffer from nerves before gigs, but I've learned how to cool my mind - one of the factors is remembering what you just said, Manu.

If you're confident in your music, you're confident.

I've done 10 years (and counting) of gigs, and I'm always nervous, controlled, then hyped! - it's why I do it!
    Last edited by dlove; 05-05-2013 at 02:12 PM.

and no wonder you're all so mediocre [to the O.P and hoff, and anyone else that wants to herald the new age of medication to function for all] - zombiefied on prescription drugs.
    Last edited by dlove; 05-05-2013 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dlove View Post
    and no wonder you're all so mediocre [to the O.P and hoff, and anyone else that wants to herald the new age of medication to function for all] - zombiefied on prescription drugs.
    meh

I'm sorry, I was just being a mediocre brain cancer researcher while you were going on and on in this forum. really must've been zombified getting published in the International Journal of Radiation Oncology at the age of 21.

oh, and before you just go assume all this shit dlove, maybe refer to the thread where I mentioned I broke my neck snowboarding at the age of 13 and had to learn how to do everything again. still use a wheelchair and walk with canes, making typical jitters a much bigger deal as they destabilize me.. making it harder to walk. people have their reasons, not everyone had the same life you've had.
    Last edited by hoff; 05-05-2013 at 10:28 PM.

my last post on this stupid thread

This is the DJ TECHNIQUES forum, not a brain cancer forum.

I do suffer from nerves before gigs, but I've learned how to cool my mind - one of the factors is remembering what you just said, Manu.

If you're confident in your music, you're confident.

I've done 10 years (and counting) of gigs, and I'm always nervous, controlled, then hyped! - it's why I do it!
    I had to acquire the experience AND confidence first of course, it's definitely not built in. It took a few gigs but I started very early on then held a daily residency at my college for a few years. Now it's more like a complete reversed feeling, I look forward to it without any anxiety. It's something that cannot be matched by drugs, sometimes I even think to myself that it's better than sex.

Quote Originally Posted by Finnish_Fox View Post
    State-dependent learning suggests that you should relate the experience to how you first learned it. So, if you learn to do something in a certain state of mind, studies have shown that people tend to do better on the corresponding test when they are in the same frame of mind.
    I had my first decks as a toddler, wasn't aware of the joys of beer back then.
    Last edited by Manu; 05-06-2013 at 06:00 AM.

my last post on this stupid thread

This is the DJ TECHNIQUES forum, not a brain cancer forum.
    perfect, so I'll take this opportunity to have the last word then. sorry but considering this thread directly relates to psychoactive compounds in regards to dj techniques I'd say it's worth a mention. good try though. and also doesn't change the fact that you're dust.

also, the second portion of my post is surely worth a mention considering I was too shaky to walk across a stage prior to treating anxiety (demyelination is a bitch, anxiety directly feeds into it)
    Last edited by hoff; 05-06-2013 at 08:08 PM.

It seems like a self-esteem / confidence issue. I would recommend that you practice more so you become more comfortable with your techniques when performing in front of a crowd. The more gigs you get, the more comfortable you become in that setting.

Lastly, I don't think being high or drunk is ever professional.